New to jeeps new to offroading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > New to jeeps new to offroading

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
BabyCoug

New to jeeps new to offroading

Well, hello there. As of yesterday I purchased the first jeep my family has ever owned. We've always been a pick up kind of family. I've always wanted to go off-roading but I've never known where to start.
But that being said I absolutely adore my 08 JKU everything is stock so I can't wait to do some modifications when I get brave enough to attempt that

BabyCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome and congrats on the jeep. The best thing to do is get it out there and wheel it some stock to get a feel for it. You will figure out as you go what you want or need to upgrade.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Look in the sub forum for you area. find a local club, many have new wheeler events where they will help you and teach you how to safely off-road.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to your newest addiction!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I am kinda partial to white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's racist, Chris.
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations on the new Jeep.

and........ GO COUGS!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
BabyCoug

TJDaveX....so happy you didn't say Go Huskies..the sad emoticon might have had to come out
Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to go hunt down a palouse off-roading club
BabyCoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.