New Jeep Owner - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 AM
OneLoud
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Liquor, nice looking Jeep! I like that top on it even though it gives it more of a Hummer look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM
BeerMe
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post

back in the shop now for t-case, axles, lights, and seats...

:
Are your OEM axles for sale?
post #33 of 40 Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Rik84

Took delivery on the Jeep today. This is the first time I've actually seen it since I had it shipped from 12 hours away in another province. Only issue was that 2 of the seat belts had rips in them, had those replaced by the dealership at their cost.

Seems to run good, had it on the highway for a bit and there's no wobbles or issues that I can see. For some reason the airbag light came on for a few minutes then turned itself off on the way home... I know that the stock stereo was re installed by the last owner and they blew a fuse during the swap. In another car of mine the stereo shop threw my airbag sensor warning light because of crossing a couple wires during the install of the stereo. I'm guessing this is the same situation. I'll have the dealership run the DTC's when I'm in there next week and all should be good.

Probably taking it for its first off road flogging on Monday, hopefully it holds up!

I'll post pics in a couple of days.

post #34 of 40 Old 02-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Offroadchris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

welcome to the collective! the jeep shall own your soul now. enjoy.

"My jeep is a death trap, so get out of the way."
"Stupid posts get stupid replys! Its not my fault thats just how it goes."
post #35 of 40 Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Rik84

So, spent about 5 hours on the side of a mountain today. Took the jeep out on Wednesday night as well.

Was out with a good budy of mine who runs an Xterra with a slight lift and some crap tires. He's got a pretty weak rig but he's able to run it through more junk than you could imagine. He got hung up a couple times today but the Rubi plowed through everything without hesitation.

Had water up to about 6" from the hood. Trails weren't super hard, but it was nice to get the jeep out into the dirt for a few hours and put a few scratches on it.

Lockers work flawlesly, sway bar disconnect worked just like it should. It was a little frustrating driving behind the Xterra as it's an auto and it's comfortable at a speed that is just a little too slow for 4H in first, and 4L is a pain in the *** at times. Hopefully he trades that rig in soon.

I'm not planning on any real mods for the year, but knowing me I may be posting a build thread in a few months...

Looks like a Rubicon Express 3 1/2" long arm kit, 35's, and smaller bumpers may be on the list.

Current Verdict - Damn happy!
post #36 of 40 Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 AM
OneLoud
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You may want to do a little research now about how to properly maintain your Jeep after water crossing. I believe there are ways for water to get into your axels or difs when they are completly submerged. Do some research, you may have a project this week of draining and swapping fluid.
post #37 of 40 Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Rik84

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud View Post
You may want to do a little research now about how to properly maintain your Jeep after water crossing. I believe there are ways for water to get into your axels or difs when they are completly submerged. Do some research, you may have a project this week of draining and swapping fluid.
Already planned for this weekend.
post #38 of 40 Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoGibson View Post
you didnt buy a jeep, you bought a mini van....
his "minivan" will whoop your YJ's *** offroad, what a complete tool

don't be put off by the seeming division of the Jeep community, a lot of guys talk smack on the forum, but on the trail its totally different, it is an exclusive club if you will, if you ever have any problems, most Jeepers will stop their day to come to your aid.

have fun with it, it will be the most fun you can possibly have on 4-wheels, let alone going 1mph over a rock the size of a car

Jeep garage:
2011 Jeep Wrangler JK - 33" BFG KM2s, 2.5" RC BB, ARB bumper, IPF 900XS, Superwinch EPI 9.0, AEV Snorkel
1995 Jeep Wrangler - 4 cyl, 2.5" lift, BFG AT 30s, Ford 8.8, SYE+CV, AX15 swap, ARB snorkel, Aussie locker + loads more - sold
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
post #39 of 40 Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
nemoek
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
If someone mails me a letter about why my newish to me Jeep sucks I will personally poop in a paperbag and mail it back to them.
Sig Worthy...

'96 XJ Sport - SOLD
'07 JK Unlimited - Stock, for now
'77 CJ5 - Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
If someone mails me a letter about why my newish to me Jeep sucks I will personally poop in a paperbag and mail it back to them.
post #40 of 40 Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
Are your OEM axles for sale?
yes, the stock mounts have been removed.

the D30 has USA Alloy chromoly shafts, Superior 5.13 gears, mounts for the Rock Krawler 5.5" X Factor Plus Coil Over Long Arm.

the D44 has Superior 5.13 gears and the truss and mounts to the Rock Krawler 5.5" X Factor Plus Coil Over Long Arm and Bilstein Shock mounts. the shocks will be removed as well and are available.

contact kevin@4ws.com im still deployed and his team is doing all the work. as far as i know the axles have not been sold yet. they in great shape and i did not wheel it hard. it is a DD and i did not want to break anything since i plan on selling all the take offs.

2007 Unlimited Sahara Steel Blue - I call it "CAIN"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.