New to forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > New to forum

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 09-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
bunger79

New to forum

Hey everyone my name is Chad. I just bought my wife a new 2010 wrangler unlimited sahara last night. The color is red rock crystal and it has every feature possible. Looking forward to learning a lot from many of you.

bunger79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family... as a JK owner it's important you know about the wave to other wranglers!!

pics up asap!!

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
blinx
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsaharatj View Post
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family... as a JK owner it's important you know about the wave to other wranglers!!

pics up asap!!
x2.. I mean I seen a million of them JK's and got 1 wave back...
blinx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
bigh20rnr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey man welcome to the Jeep world. Have fun with it!

Rick
Unread 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ok ----------------
jc45840 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
SoonerE39
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the board. This forum has a LOT of great information here. Take advantage of it by using 'Search', then read, read, read, read and read some more. Then repeat for any topic that interests you. It's amazing how much you can learn on here and even though you might see differing opinions, it won't take long to figure out whose opinions you might trust more than others.
Also just to be aware - you may see some negative opinions about JKs from some older wrangler owners. Don't take it personal, its part of the natural order of things. The TJ owners took crap from the YJ owners when TJs were new and the YJs took crap from the CJ owners before that. Part of this has to do with the fact that sometimes, owners of the newest and most expensive models might not wheel them as often or as hard (or at all) compared to older models. And more importantly, JK owners don't seem to be as familiar with the Jeep wave leading some Wrangler owners to give up on waiving to them at all. You can do your part to help by waiving to any year wrangler you see, CJ, YJ, TJ, JK.
I'll keep waiving to the JKs even if they wont waive back.
4.0L Auto. D30/D35 3.07 gears, 1.25" Spidertracks spacers, RC 2.5" lift, 1.25" BL, 32 x 11.5 x 15 BFG MT tires, Brown Dog 1" MML, M.O.R.E Bombproof MM Brackets, Big Daddy Tie Rod, JKS Adjustable Track Bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Daylighters, Smittybuilt swing away spare tire- bumper, XRC8 Winch
Red Jeep Club #493
36,602 posts behind Jerry Bransford and getting further behind each day!
SoonerE39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Welcome, I bought my wife a new jeep 3 weeks ago and after the 2nd week and she STILL wouldn't let me drive it, much less take it off road, I had to go buy one for myself!
igrok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

When they dont wave back, just point at there tires and wave franticlly.

Welcome i,m new to, since friday.
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #9
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

welcome to the board...I am one JKer that waves...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JF, I have never had to ask a question due to the search function and just reading all of the good info.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
JuniataCounty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wave - anybody in a wrangler waves back....

nobody else does :-(
JuniataCounty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
AlTheKillerr

welcome! glad you found us
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

And one important thing. Ignore all the haters that like to make stupid senseless posts about everything that is wrong with the JK.

Welcome to the forums. There's a lot of very good people here.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
bunger79

Thanks for the info guys. I told the wife to make sure she waves. She told me she already does. I would, but still have yet to drive it. Again thanks.
bunger79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #15
zcfrey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't logged in for awhile, but always using the information on here. Anyway, looked around to find an answer to this, no answers...
I know I know, redline is bad and scares people, was simply testing something and happened to hit it and was wondering...when in park or neutral it redlined at 4000, on the road driving it was the normal 5300. I am confused as this doesn't quite make sense to me. Anyone know more about this and why it would be? Just curious mostly and making sure everything is working properly. Thank you for your time.
zcfrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.