Need some ideas for my JK's hood lettering... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Need some ideas for my JK's hood lettering...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Need some ideas for my JK's hood lettering...

Hey all! I have a '13 Sport that I'm replacing the fender stickers on and plan to buy new hood stickers in a week or so (after I apply the new ones I just ordered now).

Amongst other stickers, I just bought matte black "WRANGLER, RECON" decals to replace the stock gloss black "WRANGLER, SPORT" ones. I know what style and colors I want my hood lettering to be but I don't know what Lee-Roy2.0's "Job Title" should be.

My '12 Patriot's hood said TRAIL RUNNER since thats what she did...just not famous ones. I don't wanna use the same title but all I can come up with is "OPEN COUNTRY" which isn't really a job title as much as it is a description of a state or piece of property.

So that leads me to this here thread...help me give Lee-Roy2.0 a job title! She'll be seeing lots of dirt and decent hills but not so much mud pits and enormous rocks. She's white too if that helps people come up with names.

I look forward to seeing y'alls ideas!

Thanks,
- Kenny-g

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I was under the impression that a name wasn't given but was earned. I temporary badged mine "Rubiconned" because it tricked some people previously but hopefully this season it can earn a real name!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

mines was dubbed tree hugger when my buddy got me hybrid emblems from the side, i decided to get the stickers made up when i slid up on a tree on the trail, got my first little dent that day. great day.
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
I was under the impression that a name wasn't given but was earned. I temporary badged mine "Rubiconned" because it tricked some people previously but hopefully this season it can earn a real name!
Well it's actual name is Lee-Roy which is a long sob story about a past great female boxer that my family had whom I grew up with and cared for very much. Sarah Lee-Roy was her name and when we had to put her down I decided to name my vehicles after her since they're what tend to have great value to me personally. Anyways so my hood on my past Patriot was her 'job title' (TRAIL RUNNER) and that's what I'm aiming for here...a cool 'job title' for Lee-Roy2.0. Sort of a 'what she does when on the trails' type thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Mud Slinger, Rock Crusher. but only you can name it and you'll know when it fits. When my daughter said " Look at that Filthy Beast" the name stuck.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Lol won't see enough mud for that. And that's pretty awesome not gonna lie haha makes me wish I had a kid to come up with a smart off the wall name lmao JK kids at my age wouldn't be good

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Okay, so first time taking mine offroad i almost rolled it. What is a good name that is something like "roll over"
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Okay, so first time taking mine offroad i almost rolled it. What is a good name that is something like "roll over"
Tumbler

Tumble Tots

Rolly Polli

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny-g View Post
thanks,
- kenny-g
"saxophone"
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
Dumpsterfish

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Da Growler
The Anti-Prius
Rolling Plunder
Mulch Wagon
Bob.
'13 JKUS...SOLD
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #12
PhatBasturd
Got chiggers?

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish
Da Growler
The Anti-Prius
Rolling Plunder
Mulch Wagon
Bob.
Bob x2

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
DuplinPirate
2010 JK Wrangler 

Global Warmer, is what is going on mine.
DuplinPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpsterfish View Post
Da Growler
The Anti-Prius
Rolling Plunder
Mulch Wagon
Bob.
Lol Bob

Unread 03-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Bob x3

Cut it, Print it, Sticker it on! now!

Mine being black just gets called dirty mostly. My 05 TJ was black too, and someone said it reminded them of a bee in spring with all the pollen all over it. Bumble bee mostly only works on yellow, so I narrowly escaped that one :P

I had the random idea once to replace my Rubicon or just put wrangler, but upside down
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.