Need to know name of parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Need to know name of parts

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 01-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
cadamsjr

Need to know name of parts

Ok, since my last post we had a change in the vehicle we decided to purchase.

Now I need to know what is the part called that is mounted under the radiator that provides support for radiator, grill support and fenders? It seems there should be a rubber bushing type of item mounted there otherwise, there is not support for fenders. Hope I haven't confused anyone.

Also, can I purchase the soft material and windows only for half doors?

Again, thanks.

cadamsjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
EGLESCT
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadamsjr
Ok, since my last post we had a change in the vehicle we decided to purchase. Now I need to know what is the part called that is mounted under the radiator that provides support for radiator, grill support and fenders? It seems there should be a rubber bushing type of item mounted there otherwise, there is not support for fenders. Hope I haven't confused anyone. Also, can I purchase the soft material and windows only for half doors? Again, thanks.
What I believe you are talking about is called a radiator support. This holds up the radiator, grill and fenders, and is connected to the frame via a body mount. You can buy new body mounts that go between the radiator support and the frame.

As for the windows, those are called soft uppers. You can buy them from places like Quadratec and other various jeep parts companies or used from Craigslist and EBay.

Black Magic Brake Upgrade
160 Amp Durango Alternator Upgrade
EGLESCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
cadamsjr

thank you
cadamsjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

I disagree the part under the radiator is the kanoodle support bracket.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.