Need a Jeep Mentor, 1st time buyer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Need a Jeep Mentor, 1st time buyer

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Everything said here ^^^ is 100% fact.

Unread 10-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
nickkick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Smiles/gallon.... Made me laugh! Too true.
nickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
Dude. It souunds like she's already made up her mind to buy a Jeep. Why can't people just buy a car because it's cool or awesome. It doesn't always have to be practical. Hell, I've never bought a car to save on gas or have more trunk space or because it has a top IHHS rating. Those come later on the list of must-haves.
That's the exact reason I got my Jeep, and all the people who were *****ing at me about getting a Jeep are the same people telling me to hurry up with my build now. I didn't get my Jeep for practicality or fuel economy, I got it because I want to have fun. Driving all winter with no top and doors sucked, but I have no regrets.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #19
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
That's the exact reason I got my Jeep, and all the people who were *****ing at me about getting a Jeep are the same people telling me to hurry up with my build now. I didn't get my Jeep for practicality or fuel economy, I got it because I want to have fun. Driving all winter with no top and doors sucked, but I have no regrets.
been there done that the looks you get from soccer moms is the best during a snow storm.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #20
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
been there done that the looks you get from soccer moms is the best during a snow storm.
I always had to hold back the smile when that happened, which wasn't really that hard since I was in sheer pain. Haha! Monsoon season in Arizona was pretty good too, the looks I would get during a torrential downpour was always funny.

I gotta say though, I think some of the worst moments was driving down the 91 freeway in the Los Angeles area during the winter around 10 or 11 at night. Seemed like nothing would help keep me somewhat warm, it just sucked all the way home from Redondo Beach to La Mirada.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

If I found this website before I bought my JK, I probably wouldn't have bought one. I'm on my second JK (first one totaled by Sandy) and I couldn't be happier. No oil leaks, gas spurting out of the tank, or ticking or sand in my engine block. Hopefully this one lasts as long as my first Jeep, a 92 YJ, bought new and given away after I bought my 2010.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
abntrptr

I have a 2010 JK and couldn't be happier, my first jeep was a YJ. Currently I have 46k on this one with no issues. I am a little bit fanatical with maintenance,but am that way with any vehicle. So many things you can do in and to a Jeep. Enjoy!
abntrptr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.