My wife calls it my mid-life crisis... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > My wife calls it my mid-life crisis...

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
SteveBad
2011 JK Wrangler 

Congrats! I know what she means..... I'm on my fourth mid-life crises in my third second childhood!

It only gets more expensive!

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
hoboscratch
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBad
Congrats! I know what she means..... I'm on my fourth mid-life crises in my third second childhood!

It only gets more expensive!
We sold our boat when we had kids, I should start prepping her for that purchase...
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My Jeep was always called my "midlife crisis ",though I got a part B when I also purchased a CJ2A (with my wife's encouragement) .

But then she got her semi classic sports car as her midlife crisis so we are pretty even.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
tomsryt
2012 JK Wrangler 

When I was 46, I had just finished up a very lucrative overtime job, 7 days a week from mid July to mid Dec, nights(all overtime).
I was home looking at a motorcycle magazine and my wife entered the room and asked what I was looking at.
I told her that "at this stage of the game, a man my age does one of three things: He gets a motorcycle, a sports car, or a girlfriend, and I don't need a sports car".
Her instant comeback was:"which motorcycle are you getting?"
I got the 99 Super Glide Sport.
My wife can be hard as nails, but she knows where the lines are.
tomsryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #20
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm 43 and my wife's friends call my '87 YJ a mid-life crisis mobile. My wife's response ---- better 4 tires than 2 tits. God I love that woman!

OP - Congrats on the Wrangler, now go get it muddy!!!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #21
hoboscratch
2013 JK Wrangler 

Funny. This weekend was the first time I've been able to take the top off. Had it off all weekend. Finally Sunday afternoon my wife says, "ok I officially love the Jeep." Then goes on talking about what color she's going to get when it's time to trade in her car. Go figure.
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I agree that the best day ever was getting the top off (the Jeep that is ).

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
rubiconrich
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCitizen View Post
Mid-life crisis? No such thing. It's a concept created by the feminist movement to rob a man of any joy he may experience between the ages of 30 and 60. Especially if it involves spending more than $10 on himself.

Man: "Hey, look at my new Harley (or jeep, or boat, or any item that costs more than $10 and brings him joy)! Now that the kids are gone, and I'm not shoveling money out to everybody else, I can finally afford my dream."

Any nearby woman: "Mid-Life crisis!! Mid-Life Crisis!! You're having a Mid-life Crisis!! You are a malfunctioning silly buffoon trying in vain to recapture your teen hood!"

Man: (hangs his head wishing he'd said nothing)

A woman does the very same thing and everybody is like "You go girl! You are discovering yourself and finally stepping out there! You are so awesome!"

Whew! I feel better now. Thanks for indulging me.
I was going to write something similar! There is no such thing as a mid-life crisis. I believe that most men buy things because they don't have to support their kids any more. Me, at age 54, bought a jeep because all past vehicles that I owned were for a man with a wife and three kids. I previously owned Surburbans, station wagons. My jeep was the first vehicle of my choice. The first vehicle I could choose to make me happy.
rubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #24
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new wheels! You should bring out the YJ (I am a YJ guy!) and have some fun rebuilding that one too.

I am laughing with, not at, many of the comments made about the spouses! I love the "I don't need a sportscar" comment! I also have a supporting wife, well most of the time, and she puts up with me doing ***** that some of my buddies get into trouble for. Many men marry women hoping that she will stay the same and many women marry a man hoping to change them!

Any aftermarket mods planned for the new wheels?
responder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #25
hoboscratch
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I would love to get the YJ going again. That was my first Jeep. As far as I know it needs new tires, has a hole in the driver floorboard, and the synchros are going out in the tranny. Other than that, it should be good to go. Hmm, maybe I should get that out this summer...

Thanks on the JK. So far I've added a leveling kit, some rubi rails and Ace sliders, added some shocks and front springs off a rubicon, and pained the wheels black. Couple other minor things. Just waiting for a good deal on tires to pop up. Here's and updated pic.
image-994477229.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #26
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good! Let is all know if you break out the YJ!
responder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #27
bdub1285
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCitizen View Post
Mid-life crisis? No such thing. It's a concept created by the feminist movement to rob a man of any joy he may experience between the ages of 30 and 60. Especially if it involves spending more than $10 on himself.

Man: "Hey, look at my new Harley (or jeep, or boat, or any item that costs more than $10 and brings him joy)! Now that the kids are gone, and I'm not shoveling money out to everybody else, I can finally afford my dream."

Any nearby woman: "Mid-Life crisis!! Mid-Life Crisis!! You're having a Mid-life Crisis!! You are a malfunctioning silly buffoon trying in vain to recapture your teen hood!"

A woman does the very same thing and everybody is like "You go girl! You are discovering yourself and finally stepping out there! You are so awesome!"

Great post. Feminists can suck my D.
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My wife said that 28 cars ago ;-)
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub1285 View Post
Great post. Feminists can suck my D.
I'm not sure I see the term 'mid life crisis' as such a bad thing. There's a time when we've paid some of our dues, acquired some stability, and started thinking about our own mortality. So we do some of the things we've always wanted. As long as one is not a jerk about it, there's nothing wrong with enjoying some of the things we've missed out on.

I saw a enigmatic scene, once when I stepped out of a restaurant. This 50ish guy was staring longingly at a Harley parked in the next spot while his wife was nagging him to get in the mini-van.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #30
rondak46
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCitizen

Oh man! That is awesome!
rondak46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.