My mishap. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > My mishap.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My mishap.

Just wanted to share how bullet proof our YJs are. So I was driving back to school right? Well with the combination of no carpets, a leaky cowl (will be fixing that ASAP), water in the tub, and slippery shoes when wet, my foot slipped and half of it was touching the tub and the other half was on the pedal and taking a left turn a little too fast. So out of instinct to stop my foot from more slipping, I put it down! Bad mistake when there is a slippery road, engine in ideal range for max torque, and 29in tires, the jeep swung out to the right I was almost perpendicular with the road way. Corrected with minor throttle and steering compensation, and then coming back the rear became loose again and swung me all the way around, up the curb, and onto the grass. It was by the grace of God that there were no cars within 150 yards of me. The only damage as of now (too tired to jack it up) is a bent lip on my wheel. But man how solid are these YJs, you give them heck (sometimes accidentally) and they take it! My friend beats on his YJ all the time and so far so good. Good job Jeep, I hope your bring back a YJ type wrangler just for fun. That's a pipe dream though

Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
aztec
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sounds crazy, but i'm glad your alright as well as the yj.
Unread 12-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yjs are always known as the "spartan" of the wrangler line. Aka those jeeps are tough.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.