My Jeep pilgrimage to the promised land...Moab! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > My Jeep pilgrimage to the promised land...Moab!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cool. Thanks for sharing your stories and pics!

SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Thanks for sharing! What are you using for pictures? Pretty crazy to see actual moisture there, I've barely ever seen it sprinkle!
Some are just my iphone, the others are a Canon 1DsMKIII.
nfrs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #18
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome right up! I really need to take a trip like this sometime soon. Thanks for sharring
mj24lyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
sgtbookie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics and report. We may have passed each other without knowing it. I took the Moab Mecca last week too, except I flew into denver and then drove with a buddy south. You arent kidding about the rain, every day from mon to friday. Well and we were hailed on after hiking Devils Garden.

- 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara #380 -
sgtbookie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Love that orange Jeep! What camera are you using to take those pictures? EDIT Just saw somebody else asked before me.
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
greenzj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrs2000nyc

Some are just my iphone, the others are a Canon 1DsMKIII.
What glass are you using with that? You have some amazing shots!
greenzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #22
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

simply stunning photography, I love it when the pictures are as great as the adventure.
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #23
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzj View Post
What glass are you using with that? You have some amazing shots!
I use a variety, but in Moab, the 16-35L F2.8 did all the work.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

My daughter and I were just out there May 4th - 12th with our local Jeep club (we flew in and rented Jeeps). It was our first trip and we were just blown away by the terrain and scenery. Thank you for this chronicle and beautiful pictures. I took about 600 pictures and I believe your worst picture was better than any of mine!

How many days did you spend driving from NY?
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
DeafJeep

Awesome story & pictures with good advice that would be worth heeding too.

Being from Texas, I know how dark the desert can get at night especially on nights with no moon. The desert is no joke but when there are nights with the moon & stars then the night sky show is really something you want to see.

Smart to bring water & rations. Would love to go to Moab someday.
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #26
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi
My daughter and I were just out there May 4th - 12th with our local Jeep club (we flew in and rented Jeeps). It was our first trip and we were just blown away by the terrain and scenery. Thank you for this chronicle and beautiful pictures. I took about 600 pictures and I believe your worst picture was better than any of mine!

How many days did you spend driving from NY?
We spent 35 hours taking shifts. We stopped on the way there but on the way back we plowed straight on. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the jeep rental and where did you rent it from?
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #27
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Don't mind at all. Five of us rented from Cliffhanger Jeeps. We got a group rate of 20% discount. It ended up being $195 - 20% = $156 / day plus 13.5% tax. They were slightly modified Rubicons ... 2" lift, 33" tires. I believe the club trip leader chose Cliffhanger because they allow their Jeeps on more of the difficult trails (e.g. Cliffhanger).

Two of the club members drove their own Jeeps out so we had winches, tools, emergency equipment / supplies, etc. They took 4 days from Boston but were also pulling a camper trailer. I like your trip plan better.
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #28
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Don't mind at all. Five of us rented from Cliffhanger Jeeps. We got a group rate of 20% discount. It ended up being $195 - 20% = $156 / day plus 13.5% tax. They were slightly modified Rubicons ... 2" lift, 33" tires. I believe the club trip leader chose Cliffhanger because they allow their Jeeps on more of the difficult trails (e.g. Cliffhanger).

Two of the club members drove their own Jeeps out so we had winches, tools, emergency equipment / supplies, etc. They took 4 days from Boston but were also pulling a camper trailer. I like your trip plan better.
So about 200 a day without a discount, including insurance? So it would have cost me $1400 or so for my trip to rent vs about $900 for gas and having my own rig. I think the next time I go to moab, if I don't bring my jeep out there, I will rent a polaris. Those things look like a hoot on the trails!
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome trip and photos. Thanks for sharing, makes me want to put together something similar.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Uugghhh I want to go now more than ever!

How much $$ did this trip cost?
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.