My Grandpa just gave me $1000 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > My Grandpa just gave me $1000

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #46
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
So let me get this straight. You want to throw away $1000 on a JEEP that you won't hardly have the chance to drive cause you are going to join the service only to sell when you get out?
I have summers between school, and Christmas, etc.

Unread 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellets007 View Post
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Nominations mean very little toward your overall admissions, especially presidential. Fight for every congressional nom you can get. Definitely wouldn't blow that money on the Jeep, not like you can drive it anyway. Hope to see you here.
I also found out that because my dad is still technically a resident of New Hampshire, and I can apply for nominations from congressmen in New Hampshire and Alabama.
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
pellets007
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHAWNx View Post
I also found out that because my dad is still technically a resident of New Hampshire, and I can apply for nominations from congressmen in New Hampshire and Alabama.
Well good luck! Long process but definitely worth it. Cheers.
pellets007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #49
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
Drugs. Buy,Sell,Profit,Repeat. Then after a couple of times then you can buy mad jeep parts.
Real talk.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #50
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

First, pay off any debts, such as car loans, mortgage (doubt you have one as you're in high school), etc. If our money, one day, becomes worthless, at least you'll have your posessions paid off.

Since you're in high school, enjoy your youth. I didn't save anything when I was that young, and I have no regrets. Now that I'm older, I save some, but not as much as some would. I enjoy stimulating our economy. You could die tomorrow, and you can't take a huge savings account with you, but you can enjoy the things you buy today.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #51
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Or, you can live a good long time and be forced to live on the dole when your own income fails. Planning to suck deeply at the teat of the taxpayers is not a cool plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
First, pay off any debts, such as car loans, mortgage (doubt you have one as you're in high school), etc. If our money, one day, becomes worthless, at least you'll have your posessions paid off.

Since you're in high school, enjoy your youth. I didn't save anything when I was that young, and I have no regrets. Now that I'm older, I save some, but not as much as some would. I enjoy stimulating our economy. You could die tomorrow, and you can't take a huge savings account with you, but you can enjoy the things you buy today.
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #52
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post

Great advice, my grandfather would rather me spend it on something I would enjoy instead of just saving it. I already have plenty in my savings account and stand to make money in college.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #53
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBowser View Post
Or, you can live a good long time and be forced to live on the dole when your own income fails. Planning to suck deeply at the teat of the taxpayers is not a cool plan.
I'm planning on military service, so unemployment isn't a concern.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

In that case, buy a gun. Value won't go down and you will keep it the rest of your life. Unlike the JEEP. It will also prepare you for the service should you ever join up.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #55
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
In that case, buy a gun. Value won't go down and you will keep it the rest of your life. Unlike the JEEP. It will also prepare you for the service should you ever join up.
Dad won't let me. Plus it would just sit at home while I'm at school.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #56
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHAWNx View Post
Dad won't let me. Plus it would just sit at home while I'm at school.
How sad is that. And we wonder why this country is so screwed up.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #57
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

i would look back at what has been going on and whos running the show for the past 10+ years and really think long and hard about joining the service. occupying someone elses country for economic and fictional political reasons is not fighting for American freedom. ask your grandpa what he thinks you should do with the money or what he would do with it. hes probably got some very good advice.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #58
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
i would look back at what has been going on and whos running the show for the past 10+ years and really think long and hard about joining the service. occupying someone elses country for economic and fictional political reasons is not fighting for American freedom.
10+ more like 50+
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #59
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

10+ more like 50+
+1
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #60
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ask your grandpa what he would do with it when he was young, and what he would do with it now.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.