Mopar wholesale websites? Dealership said they are all fake. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Mopar wholesale websites? Dealership said they are all fake.

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mopar wholesale websites? Dealership said they are all fake.

posted this a while ago.
Quote:
click this, this link should work,
https://www.trademotion.com/partloca...layCatalogid=0

the thing I dont get is that I went to the dealership today, and they told me 292.00 for a radiator, and this one is like 190... How can this even be legal?
Is this going to be one of those ones from China?

that link actually came form here
Mopar Parts Catalog
but I had to copy the link blah blah blah
but is Mopar Parts Catalog actually "Jeep stealership" products?
The guy at the dealership today said "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MOPAR STORE EXCEPT FOR THE ONE IM STANDING IN" that guy was an *** hole.
he also said these websites are aftermarket and not actually mopar.
even though I was told by a person who got something from this site, said it came in a mopar box and all... Im just freaking out, because a radiator is a very important part of a jeep.

I am a broke college student and need an actual mopar radiator for as cheap as possible.

1997 TJ - 4.25 lift, 4.88, D30 w/ Detroit, D44 w/ Superior'ed Detroit and 33 spline shafts, Currie track bar, Warn XD9000i, Currie Tire Carrier, full armor and tube fenders, full custom trunk, Tom Woods shafts, AA SYE, Currie control arms, and Rigid lights. BIG BLACK is my baby.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
MAMMOTH
Wooly Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I must have missed the other thread, but why does it have to be an actual MOPAR radiator?
2007 JK Unlimited - The wife's ride.
MAMMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
jeffjeep1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have bought from the trademotion system. I have bought GENUINE Jeep and Toyota parts via trademotion. There area variety of dealerships that sell via t-motion, some discounts vary from 0 to 30%.
Try this one for 30% off:
OEM MOPAR AND KIA PARTS AT WHOLESALE DISCOUNT PRICES

I have no business relarionship except that of very satisfied customer.

HTH
Heidi - Golden Retriever/Jeep Dog
jeffjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
gitractorman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, the guy you were dealing with must have drank the Dodge Punch. He's definitely full of **it, and typical of what you get when you go to a dealership, regardless if it's Dodge, Chevy, Ford, etc.

Buy Mopar Car Truck Parts | Genuine Discounted Mopar OEM Auto Parts | Mopar Accessories One of the sponsers here is great to deal with. I bought my skid plate nutserts from them, less than half of what the dealer wanted for them. Matter of fact, I know one of the guys in the local dealership parts room and I told him what I could get them for online, and he actually showed me the computer screen. The online price was almost exactly what the dealer cost was on the parts. YES, DEALERSHIP RETAIL PRICE IS ABOUT 100% MARKUP!!!!!
gitractorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
brunosplace
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitractorman View Post
YES, DEALERSHIP RETAIL PRICE IS ABOUT 100% MARKUP!!!!!
Years ago, I worked in the parts department of a Chevrolet dealer, nothing left without a minimum 100% markup, 125%-150% was very common.
Big tires, done right, are FREAKING EXPENSIVE. Deal with it, or don't go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnjeep View Post
I live in the land where they salt cure roadkill.
97 Jeep TJ Sport, 4.0L, Auto, 3" BDS Lift (SOLD)
98 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L, Auto, Stock Totaled, parted out and scrapped
96 Jeep XJ Sport, parted out and scrapped

Tummy Tuck without a body lift. Finished!!

Superior Axle & Gear TJ/XJ Dana 44 Discovery Shafts (DC45 kit) for sale
brunosplace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAndLearn View Post
posted this a while ago.

The guy at the dealership today said "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MOPAR STORE EXCEPT FOR THE ONE IM STANDING IN" that guy was an *** hole.
he also said these websites are aftermarket and not actually mopar.
even though I was told by a person who got something from this site, said it came in a mopar box and all... Im just freaking out, because a radiator is a very important part of a jeep.

I am a broke college student and need an actual mopar radiator for as cheap as possible.
Got my radiator about 4 years ago from http://radiatorbarn.com/search.php?product=radiator for 1/3 the price of Mopar replacement.
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
bstapleton

OEM Mopar Dealer Here

I know this is an old thread but I came across this while checking on some of our search engine rankings. Trademotion does indeed offer genuine Mopar parts but they are a middleman company that plugs directly into dealerships. You are actually purchasing from some Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram store that has signed up for trademotion's service.

My company actually uses trademotion to sell our parts on eBay but we also offer a stand alone parts website at http://parts.machaikonline.com. Dealership's hosting their own parts website is becoming increasingly more common. I hope this helps shed some light on your original questions.
bstapleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Oldchief1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I recently had to order a multi-switch that controls the headlights, turn signals, hi-beams, fog lights, etc. for my '05 TJ. I found cheapest source listed on Amazon.com and the vendor was a dealership, Sahara Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge in Las Vegas. Their price for this Mopar switch was $110. + about $8 shipping. Other prices I found for same switch were anywhere from about $175 to over $200. First switch I received proved to be defective but they readily replaced it, so I have no complaints. Good luck with your radiator.
Oldchief1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
rouxbicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There are a number of certainly legitimate online sellers of genuine Mopar stuff. In most or all cases they are just a regular brick and mortar Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership somewhere in the US that chose to develop an online presence selling parts at a discount.

I asked the parts guy at my local stealership if he could match the online prices. I told him I would like to keep my money local if possible, stimulate the local economy and all that, but he said no, those prices were below his cost. I didn't quite buy that, and I didn't want to stimulate the local economy enough to pay the inflated prices, so out the door I walked.
Unread 08-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Alaska-HWY JK

I went to the dealership here for a liftgate hinge for the LJ I just bought.$198 my price $194.
I bought a pair of stainless from Kentrol on Ebay for $66, about $90 with exchange shipping and handling.
I wish they hadn't fired the old parts manager, he was good and would get aftermarket parts instead of gouging.
I then remembered a buddy's old YJ top in the back 40 that he'd endo'd and rolled. The hinges on it were good, and free. Now I have 4.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.