Monument Valley Jeeping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Monument Valley Jeeping

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
MikeSD

2008 JK Wrangler 

Monument Valley Jeeping

Not rock crawling but just using your own jeep...

I understand that much of Monument Valley is restricted to people who hire a Navajo guide. I'm not familar with that part of Az so I have some questions. I'd like to combine some driving my own jeep and also seeing Monument Valley.

Two Questions:

1) What I'm wondering is, if that is the case, will the guieds let you to take your own jeep, and do my own driving, with one of their guides. Or, is there some tribal rule against POVs.

2) Can one see much of Monument Valley, without hiring a Navajo guide?

MikeSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You are allowed to drive your own vehicle in the monument but must stay on the dirt road. You do not need a 4x4 on it. Passenger cars drive it all the time. I was there last summer and enjoyed it. Amazing views. There is a fee to get in but I don't remember what it was. You can purchase a tour and ride in a vehicle driven by a Navajo guide.

This was taken from the Wiki on Monument Valley....

Visitors can pay an access fee and drive through the park on a 17-mile dirt road (a 2-3 hour trip). Tours are also available, and the fee varies between about $40 and $100 per person depending on the services provided and route. There are parts of Monument Valley which are only accessible by guided tour, such as Mystery Valley and Hunt's Mesa.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.