Mods I've done so far *pics* - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Mods I've done so far *pics*

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #106
firefly21
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Think on those hockey pucks...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gr...ebate-1074733/

firefly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #107
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly21 View Post
Think on those hockey pucks..
I've checked the torque on them several times, and I checked them (the bolts) for any deformation after the accident. They've always been fine.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #108
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just realized, I never put up any pics or info from when I installed the MetalCloak Overline fenders over a year ago. (2-26-12) This was part of the rebuild after the highway wreck, and quite a nice upgrade.

. They were very easy to install. I'm sure you could so it on your own if you really needed to, but having another person around to assist is very helpful, especially when trying to line up holes while wielding large bulky (although light) parts and making sure you don't damage the finish on them.

I think it took us few hours to pull the old fenders and paint the newly exposed sections of the tub and grill. Then, after a few days of paint drying, it only took a few hours to install the new fenders. The directions from Metalcloak were very well done with color pictures to illustrate important steps.

I like the LED blinkers/marker lights that Metalcloak sells, but I did add another set of lights(turn signals) to some custom brackets on the front bumper so that oncoming traffic could see that I was turning

And as it sits currently.....

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 03-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #109
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt_Joker View Post
Once you go black you never go back lol.
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #110
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Love the Jeep man it looks great! If you have a black Jeep you have to go all black to make it look like a Jeep. Chrome makes it just look silly.
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #111
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Jeep, but when I saw the thread title my mind went in a completely different direction.
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #112
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

HA! That thread would have to be in the PRC forum.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 03-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #113
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got the SYE installed in the t-case and am back to having a Jeep that can propel itself (albeit front wheel drive) once again.

I decided as this was my first install, that I wanted to do it on a work bench where I could easily see what I was doing.

T-case dropped

As you can see, after disconnecting 2 electrical connectors, the breather, and the shift linkage, its only 6 easy bolts to pull it.

A picture of the spedo gear position for later reference.

The slinger and oil seal came off easily with a hammer and chisel. The tail housing pulled off after only a few taps with a rubber mallet.

Exposing the oil pump.

Wide open.

My brother scraping the old RTV gasket off.

The AA SYE installed with the spedo gear housing re-clocked for the new gear I bought.

I was quite apprehensive about diving into this mod, as I've no previous experience with splitting transfer cases. Now that I'm done with it, I must say, with the guidance of the Advanced Adapters SYE install video on youtube, the hardest part of the project was dropping my heavy a$$ engine and t-case skids. IMO, if you have enough mechanical ability to tear apart and replace drum brakes, you can install a SYE.

Now, with the case reinstalled, skid plates on, rear axle readjusted (via Savvy CA's), and the rear spring cups cut to clear the shocks, I'm just waiting for my Tom Wood DS to get her done. (for now )

The best part, No more 1" T-case drop!

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.