Mods I've done so far *pics* - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Mods I've done so far *pics*

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #91
arcticchilla
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I had me and another guy cranking on this one dam bolt...I think a previous owner had taken the seats out a one time seeing as how this bolt feels like it has way more than 60 ft lbs on it. I may try an impact next I just don't want to shear the head off and have the dam thing stuck in there. I got herculiner all the way around the bracket just hate doing stuff half a**.

Anyways...soon to be a member of the black jeep group...might be kind of a step child since I'll have a panel or two that will be blue...but maybe I can get adopted in? lol...

arcticchilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #92
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Two questions - Where did you get the bad*** spare tire cover, and were the transfer case issues caused by the body lift?
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #93
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

1.Thanks! The spare tire cover is of my own creation. It's a plain black cover with stickers applied to it. I then covered the sticker edges in clear nail polish so they would not peel.

2. The BL caused my not being able to use 4lo. I couldn't adjust the linkage enough to make it work perfectly. I added the AA adapter bracket to fix this problem and it helped keep the linkage working properly when I installed the Tummy tuck.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #94
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great idea! i may have to steal this idea..... You didnt do a motor mount lift when you did the body lift did you?
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #95
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Go ahead and use the idea, its an easy way to show off stickers without putting them on the paint.
I did the BL & MML at the same time. I just got bit by the "every jeep is different" clause.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #96
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've been away from JF for a while, so here's some catch-up.
I installed a AutoPort 17"x35" sunroof in my hardtop this past fall. Its a nice size that covers the front seats nicely.

Layout using the supplied template

After doubling up the tape, I used a jigsaw with a fiberglass blade to make the cuts. TIP: Make sure you have at least 2 blades on hand for this.

I used a dremel to cut back the raised ridges about 1", matching the width of the rubber seal.

With the sunroof laid in place, the back edge of the seal is even across the front edges where I notched the ridges.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #97
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I pumped Ultra Black RTV in between the seals and then tightened the frame down onto the top.

I should have been a bit more careful on the inside, because I managed to drag some RTV across the back here. If I was really worried about it, I guess I could get some white touch up paint, but I'm not planning on it.

The final product. I really like the tinted glass. It does help keep down the glare overhead when driving on a sunny day. I have parked overnight and driven in rain showers, thunderstorms, and snow storms since the install. I have not seen ANY leakage and am quite confident that I will not in the future either.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #98
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well, managed to inflict some front end damage on the highway recently. While driving on US41 right after dusk, I hit a patch of black ice and slid off the roadway and into the cable barrier on the median. Its amazing how much damage a 35mph. wreck can cause.

The cable on the right is hooked in the factory tow hook. This is what brought me to a sudden stop and spun the rear of the Jeep around.

Went from 4 fog lights to 0 in an instant.

You can see the JKS Quicker Disco ripped in half here with the bottom half hanging down. The pink snow is from where the radiator is ripped open.

Here you can see the bump stop laying in the bottom of the spring and the dent left in the shock.

After the local dealer replaced the mechanical majors to get me rolling again, here's some more pics of the damage.

Herculiner on AtoZ front bumper tore up. Not a single dent though.

The AtoZ rocker guard took out one of the cable barrier supports when the Jeep swung around. The paint is tore up, but once again, not even a dent. If I had not had rocker guards on, the support would have mashed the tub and the passengers door!

Passenger's side fender took the most damage.

Drivers side isn't quite as bad.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #99
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The dealer replaced the grill, a/c condenser, radiator, fan shroud, fan, bump stop, fog lights, and checked the alignment. I'll be doing the rest of the repairs myself to make sure things are done the way I want them done! Also, there will be some upgrades in the process.....

Most of my new parts were here before the Jeep was back home.

New Skyjacker Hydro, prepped and painted black.

Swaybar ,front bumper, and new fogs removed.

Rocker guards removed.
Notice some slight surface rust by the back of the door and under the Jeep sticker.

A little more rust up under the Jeep sticker area.

Rust sanded. There was some rust IN the paint, but it was mostly on the paint, from the rockers themselves.

Taped and masked off the sides and painted the whole area behind the guards with Rostoleum Auto Black Gloss.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #100
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sanded down affected areas of AtoZ front bumper and rocker guards and repainted with Herculiner.

One upgrade is the new Currie Anti-Rock I'm installing.
Frame tube inserts installed.

Swaybar installed.

Arms installed

Links installed.

As she sits, roadworthy, waiting for the paint to dry on the rockers and front bumper.

Also, can't wait to finish the repairs in about 2-3 weeks when my new MetalCloak Overlines show up! I ordered them with the 4" flares and the LED turn signal and marker lighting

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 02-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #101
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

That sunroof looks pretty cool on your Jeep. I always wondered how the seal would work with the hardtop and raised ribs, now I know. Looks really nice from the inside.

Glad you were ok with that accident, hate to think what would have happened if you where going any faster.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #102
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I really like the sunroof. Nice addition. That wreck looks bad.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #103
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately because the upgrades just aren't that technical.

I've upgraded the suspension to 3" OME springs, and installed Savvy aluminum adjustable CA's in the rear. I don't care for the bling on the LJ so I painted them black before installing.

Also installed my new XRC8 this weekend. It was incredibly easy to install and went on very quickly. I did not need a winch plate because the plate's built into my AtoZ Fab bumper and I just ran the wires up the top side of the frame rail to the side posts on my Sears Diehard Platinum.

I'm thinking of ordering a bumper hoop to protect the winch a bit like the bolt-on one that Jeeperman makes

and maybe adding on the hoop some small flood led's from Diffsonly.com

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #104
shelbysguns

How do you like your safari mirrors? I am really wanting a set as I am tired of not having side mirrors. But I hear lots of complaints that they vibrate too much to be useful? Would it be a good idea to weld a short bar from the mount to the mirror arm?
shelbysguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #105
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The Safari mirrors do vibrate quite a bit, though they still were useable. Now they are even better, with the giant blind spot mirror attach them. The mirror is attached with double sided foam tape so the vibrations do not transmit to it. It stays perfectly clear, and works great off road. I can see the ground all the way around both rear wheels, and when I run 1 of the mirrors into a tree it just pivots out of the way.

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

Black Jeep Society

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.