Installed the T-case and Engine skid yesterday.
The install went incredibly smooth! I removed the stock transmission skid, just 2 bolts holding it to the frame up front and 2 bolts holding it to the t-case skid in back. Then I removed the transmission mount nuts, used a floor jack to support the transmission bell housing, placed a second jack under the t-case skid, loosened the 6 bolts holding the skid up until it was resting on the jack, then completely removed the 6 bolts, lowered the skid, and pulled it out.
I then removed the transmission mount/exhaust hanger assembly and replaced it with one I bought from JF member Alexia. (Thanks!
) I had previously cut 5/8" height from the exhaust hanger bracket and welded the two pieces together. Shortening this bracket was strongly recommended by Dave @ Rokmen to keep the pipe from hitting the upper CA on the passengers side. Worked great as the pics will show!
The rest of the install was pretty straight forward, roll the t-case skid under the Jeep, jack it up, bolt it on, and reinstall the transmission mount nuts. As I do not have the money to purchase Adj. LCA's at this point, I installed a homemade 1" T-case drop at this time. I did not drive it to see if I had vibes before installing, but would like to get all the right parts
before I remove the drop.
Onto the engine skid plate. I snugly (but not tight) installed the mounting brackets the the bottom of the motor mounts and hung the mounting bars from them. Then I rolled in the skid plate with a floor jack and raised it into place so the rear mounting holes (to the t-case skid) lined up and put them in, then the front mounting bolts to the support bars, snugly also. Now that everything was lined up I went back and tightened all the bolts.
Even w/ the drop, still 1.25" more clearance than stock, and much heavier duty!
Skids line up flat, above the height of the front axle tube.
Front mounting arms.
Lots of clearance between the exhaust pipe and the UCA mount.