mid life crisis - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > mid life crisis

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
paultek6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

mid life crisis

Have an opportunity to even trade my loaded 2000 eddie bauer explorer which needs a few things but real clean inside and out for a 92 wrangler with 4 cyl manual trans which had recently rebuilt motor and trans ,cherokee wheels and tires tube bumpers.recent new soft top assembly
I guess Iam looking for opinions . Going from air conditioning to none at all. going from automatic to stick which I do know to drive.almost sounds what I have to trade you may say Iam crazy but I guess iam looking for an answer to justify the trade
paul

paultek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
gmfcma
2002 TJ Wrangler 

well i would say since you posted the question like that, you may have already made your mind up.

do what you think will make you the happiest.
gmfcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Everything else aside, the explorer is practically worthless, the wrangler would be so much easier to sell if you had to. The wrangler will be a lot more fun if you plan to actually use it but if you care about creature comforts just move along because the wrangler isn't for you(not the best dd as far as comfort or mpg) .
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well if its a dd you r going to be missing all the luxury comforts. Especially ac. And auto. Ifs it's for a toy extra vech etc. then u would be happy. You r talking about a yj with a 4 cyl and a stick. Not the best jeep going but it's still a jeep.
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^x2
Don't fall in love with this jeep, like girls, there will be another that is better just around the corner. I would wait for one with AC and a 6cyl if you really want one.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 95 YJ with a 4 cyl and 5 speed which has been a lot of fun, but the lack of power finally got to me. In Jan. I bought a stock 2005 Rubicon with a 6cyl and a 6 speed and AC. Funny my wife just asked if I was have a mid life crises as I just put around $8 -$10 k into it and yes it is great have the extra 2 cyl's.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mid life crises is when you sell the Jeep for a car.

The only bad I see in this deal is the 4 cylinder, air. Depending on where you live. Power if you are going up hill or into the wind. Up any grade we are talking the speed of smell. to keep up with todays freeway speed, you going to be at Wot..

Air if its hot where you live. Very hard to survive in 110-120+ with out it very long.
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
Sixtyplus

Agree with the others, look for a 6 cylinder rather than the 4. There may be a reason the engine and tranny were just replaced!
Sixtyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was told by a well seasoned Jeeper, before I became one myself, to stay away from the 4 banger. Guess what? I'm doing a V8 swap now.

Avoid headaches, shoot for a Jeep with a straight 6.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
I was told by a well seasoned Jeeper, before I became one myself, to stay away from the 4 banger. Guess what? I'm doing a V8 swap now.

Avoid headaches, shoot for a Jeep with a straight 6.
I second this. I have a 4banger and top of my todo list is motor swap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.