Metalcloak Prices - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Metalcloak Prices

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

Metalcloak Prices

I was just going to order a set of metalcloack highline tube fenders with 4'' flares for my LJ. When I got ready to check out, AFTER the 20% discount it was going to be $1023!! I am by no means a cheapskate and believe in paying for quality but my god thats close to double what every other manufacturer is charging unless I'm missing something.

I paid the extra 120 to have them powdercoated but still something seems out of wack.

rsbmg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

then buy a welder, press brake, angle grinder, drill press and associated consumables and make your own fenders.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
then buy a welder, press brake, angle grinder, drill press and associated consumables and make your own fenders.
X2. Or realize you can re-coup some of the expenditure by selling your OEM fenders...
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

sure

I dont need to make my own there are 10 other companies out there that make great products for half that
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well dude I'm kind of with you. I think that is stupid. It's not about being cheap or not. It's about when enough is enough.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe the T&T ones are cheaper than that, but I have no idea about shipping.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

exactly

I think if a company makes a superior product then they should get superior price. From what I have read and seen Metalcloack makes a great product but is it 50% better than every other manufacturer making similar products?
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
Goobersbro

Who out there is cheaper than that???? Treks is the only other company that I know of that actually moves the inner fender back to the fire wall giving you more clearance, and my quote from them for 4.5" fenders all the way around was 1100 dollars without powder coating. Also I would have to change my air intake and possibly change my coolant bottles.

Without the current sale Metal Cloak is more expensive but they look a lot cooler. They don't just look like everyone elses and there great people to deal with.

With all this said after looking at prices from both companys I decided to build my own but I am buying just the inner fenders from metalcloak. Matson sells just the inner fenders for a really good price so I will build my tube fenders around them.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I believe the T&T ones are cheaper than that, but I have no idea about shipping.
They are, initially. They're also a great product. However, you'll need an aftermarket intake with the TnT so add a good $250-$275 to the cost for that.

At that point there's not a ton of difference in overall price and it just boils down to esthetic preferences.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

?

I dont know where you got your price but treks is 600 bucks. Maybe I should clarify I am talking about front fenders only not front and rear.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
I dont know where you got your price but treks is 600 bucks. Maybe I should clarify I am talking about front fenders only not front and rear.
ah that does make a difference
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You also need to look at the cost savings. Those fenders open up so much space that not nearly as much lift is needed to fit certain tires. So, you're saving on suspension components and possibly a SYE. And they look awesome as hell and are top notch.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am in no way questioning the quality or the service of metalcloack I am simply throwing it out there that the price seems substantially out of wack with the industry. I have priced metalcloak trecks, poison spyder genright and a host of smaller manufacturerers. I think metalcloak appears to have the better product and I would expect to pay more the questions really is how much more is really within reason.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Goobersbro

Quote:
I am in no way questioning the quality or the service of metalcloack I am simply throwing it out there that the price seems substantially out of wack with the industry. I have priced metalcloack trecks, poison spuder genright and a host of smaller manufacturerers. I think metalcloak appears to have the better product and I would expect to pay more the questions really is how much more is really within reason.
well the only two out of those that are apples to apples are treks vs metal cloak. Genrite and the rest don't give you the clearance gained with trecks and metal cloak.
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep, $600, plus figure a ROUGH estimate of 10% for shipping makes them $660. Then the $250 plus shipping for the intake, make it $275. That's $935.

Not trying to steer you either way as I think both are really good products. Just making sure you know, the cost of those TnTs is going to be much more than just the $600.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.