mastercraft nomad seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > mastercraft nomad seats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

mastercraft nomad seats

mastercraft has come out with a import version ( china) of their rubicon seat called the nomad. at 199.00 a seat the price is great but how is the quality?
anyone try them yet? if they live up to the mastercraft name they would be a great deal.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

you get what you pay for but i like master craft stuff but only tool wise haha
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yea its basically a Chinese seat made to Mastercraft specs.

That being said I have a pair sitting on my living room floor. Finishing up my cage build soon and these will be getting installed.

I figured I'd be one of the first to try them out. They've been out for a little while but I haven't been able to find any reviews.

I also dont see Mastercraft putting their name on a seat that doesn't hold up. I could be wrong though. Only time will tell.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Any updates on the seats to share?
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I like them so far. I dont DD my jeep so I dont use them that often. pretty comfy and hold you in well on the trail. Still need a few more runs on them for them to break in more.

Unread 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Good deal, look just like the Rubicon seats, too!
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

"Made in China"?

Hell with that. I've been saving for a pair of Mastercraft seats. This is OUR country, I'll be dammed if I'll compromise my principles to save a few (in the long run) hard-earned dollars.

Buy American, or save for a while longer if the price is higher. For EVERYTHING you buy. Some things are worth it, and some things are not the EASY choice.

My opinion, and worth every cent you paid for it.
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Jasperj11
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Those look good, I bet they hold up. I bought a seat the other day from a salvage yard for 35$. to mount in the back. Ill have just one seat in the back and a storage box.
Thats a sweet roll cage too.
Jasperj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #9
Wubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
"Made in China"?

Hell with that. I've been saving for a pair of Mastercraft seats. This is OUR country, I'll be dammed if I'll compromise my principles to save a few (in the long run) hard-earned dollars.

Buy American, or save for a while longer if the price is higher. For EVERYTHING you buy. Some things are worth it, and some things are not the EASY choice.

My opinion, and worth every cent you paid for it.
Wanna guess what OEM parts on your Jeep came from China? 1 hint, it's not none.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Wubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I went with caribou. believe they are made in Utah. but the mounting brackets about cost that much..... but they are suspension and reclining, bolstered well and have lumbar. been running around on them for a few months much more comfy and holds you in much better. though if you have stock seat belts and airbag systems none of these options work as well with those systems and any changes you do to a SRS system is on you. If you have to mod a air bag system to fit. Its better to not have them at all. you set that up wrong and it goes off at full power when you only needed half it will be a bad day........if latter in a crash if anything is suspect it will be any changes you made.
Unread 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubicon View Post
Wanna guess what OEM parts on your Jeep came from China? 1 hint, it's not none.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Wanna enlighten me on the said content of Chinese parts on my 1995 YJ?
Oh, that's right, they made the blinker fluid. Seriously, I'd like to know. I'll hazard a guess and say it's a LOT less than the content of vehicles produced by "Detroit" today.

And seriously, the only way we are going to save our nation is to STOP buying stuff made in China. 2014 could be an ugly year for the US if we do not change our ways, in many ways. Congress, are you listening? The clock is ticking...
Unread 12-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #12
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Buy American fawkers. Certain things you can't help but when you have a choice....
Unread 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
I like them so far. I dont DD my jeep so I dont use them that often. pretty comfy and hold you in well on the trail. Still need a few more runs on them for them to break in more.

vegas I PM'ed you about these a few weeks ago. Can you answer my questions on here so others can get some more info too?

Here are my questions as a reminder:
How are they and would they fit a big guy ok? I am 6'4", 235 lbs and wear a size 36 pant.

Also, would the design warrant itself to running harnesses for offroad but leaving the factory belts in for street use?

Thanks in advance for your reply
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
vegas I PM'ed you about these a few weeks ago. Can you answer my questions on here so others can get some more info too?

Here are my questions as a reminder:
How are they and would they fit a big guy ok? I am 6'4", 235 lbs and wear a size 36 pant.

Also, would the design warrant itself to running harnesses for offroad but leaving the factory belts in for street use?

Thanks in advance for your reply
sorry it took so long for me to respond. Ive been out of town for work.

The seats are NOT good for big people. I am 5'11" and 160lbs. I have around a 32" waist. You could fit a little bit bigger waist in it but the height is the main concern. I have to run my harnesses over the top of the shoulders on the seat to maintain proper geometry. If i ran them through the holes in the seat it would be pulling down and compressing my spine.

Im not sure how normal seatbelts would work with it. Because of the side bolsters i believe it wouldnt keep you tight in your seat.

Unread 12-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
sorry it took so long for me to respond. Ive been out of town for work.

The seats are NOT good for big people. I am 5'11" and 160lbs. I have around a 32" waist. You could fit a little bit bigger waist in it but the height is the main concern. I have to run my harnesses over the top of the shoulders on the seat to maintain proper geometry. If i ran them through the holes in the seat it would be pulling down and compressing my spine.

Im not sure how normal seatbelts would work with it. Because of the side bolsters i believe it wouldnt keep you tight in your seat.
No worries. Thanks for the info. Looks like I am back to looking at the Baja RS
$$$$$$
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.