Made it through floodwater, but... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Made it through floodwater, but...

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
If its a stock Jk there are no zirks. Makes that fix ezpz. They rest of the suspension is all replace when worn out. water may speed up that. If replaced with better parts they will have zirks. Then you can go crazy with the grease gun.

Good thing it did not hydro lock. hard to believe it did not.
When you ford water correctly you actually create an air pocket in the engine compartment, the water going over the hood a little bit is no big deal. If he had stopped it would have caused problems. IIRC jeep rated the wrangler to ford 3 feet or so of water?

Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think what most people are trying to say is that you should check all of your fluids(if they look milky then you need to take some serious action... as your vents were most likely under water... without a snorkle that was not the smartest move... down in South Florida we have some serious water hazards... most relocate vents and install snorkles, silcone up elec. connections... the biggest hazrd you managed to avoid is the cr^p that was under the water! consider yourself pretty lucky. you clip a fire hydrant or something similar and your gunna do some serious damage...

not to mention how those fans love to flex and take out your rad!

'04 TJ... '65 CJ5(sold :( )... 89' Int. Harvester Toter!
j_bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.