Looking for a soft top!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for a soft top!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #31
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

so i found this today
http://www.softopper.com/jeep-wrange...p-details.aspx

570 shipped.
comes with door surrounds, windshield channel and read window channel

I think its a good deal since I need all the hardware??

Mordy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You said you have a YJ... Didnt you? They all come with the hardware. Mine included the windshield channel, the rear bar, corner clips, and door surrounds. Just make sure you select that you want the hardware included. As for the price, that's about right for the softopper top. Softopper put some great thought into this design, I highly recommend it. If you have any questions, I'm sure you can call them... Get the # from their site.
JeepTJeaglesct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #33
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nope I have a tj
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #34
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh okay. That should be good then. That is exactly what I have. And for the record of curiosity... What year and engine do you have..?
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #35
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 2002 jeep tj 4.0L

I have also found this trektop nx. Anyone have any info on this... I do not have door surrounds and i dont think i have the windshield channel.. Is this needed for the trektop nx.. I cant find this information stating i do or dont need it :s

Please help
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #36
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

From what I've seen most of the more new softops need the windshield channel.
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #37
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have found a factory top off a 2004, looks in great shape, tinted windows. comes with windshield channel and door surrounds!!
Price is $550

There is a small hole in the rear window big enough for a pencil to fit through.

Does this sound like a good deal?

And second question... how do i know what windows will fit into this seeing its a factory top? There are tinted windows for sale in my area online that are used, but the guy who's selling the top said you have to make sure they are factory windows? other brand windows may not fit into the factory top?
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just went through this very same search.

A couple things I learned about buying a used stock Mopar TJ soft top is that depending on the year of your jeep, you ideally need to find a top from either 1997-2001 or 2002-2006 due to some small design changes. This affected both the bows and the windows, so not everything is interchangeable. Also, while Bestop might make the stock soft top, the Mopar bows are a better quality than what Bestop has to offer. This is according to several side by side comparisons of people on this forum.

FWIW, two weeks ago on CL I was able to find a barely used 2006 Mopar top for $270, complete with bows, tinted windows and all hardware (minus the 4 attachment screws).
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #39
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Regarding the differences between the old and new windows on the Mopar soft top- As I understand it, the zippers were flip flopped during the change. Meaning the boys and girls changed sides in 2002, so when you mix old windows with the new canopy (and vice versa) the zipper parts don't fit together.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.