Looking for a soft top!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for a soft top!!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
BChance0975
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratecs offerings.. they are fairly inexpensive, but don't know how good they are as I've never had one. Just do a Google search for Quadratec Quadratop..

BTW you can also look up Bestop Door Surrounds" and see what they look like...no reason to be sorry for being new to Jeeps and asking questions. We all started somewhere...

BChance0975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think i should explain more detail on my preferences..

I'm looking for a top i think that needs a frame, because i want to be able to fold it back to the spare tire and wrap it while driving.. im thinking a lot of the time?
But i also want it to not take to long to flip up if it starts raining.

If i get bowless it does not have the interior arms right?

Ive been looking at so many damn tops Im just overwhelmed now.
Mordy88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
BChance0975
2004 TJ Wrangler 

try this.. http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jeep_soft_top/

even if you don't buy from them, it puts a lot of options in one place and helps narrow it down...
BChance0975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11000_03XX_PG.htm

this sounds cheapest, by far.. But I'm unsure if this is the best option for me. Again i have no experience with the two different types or however many types are out there.. So im winging it :s
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I like that link Bchance... but why does the price double lol, reading them they say its a replacement soft top.. i never know if hardware is or isnt included or what hardware is actually needed.
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Correct. The bowless doesn't have the interior bars, making it much easier to manipulate by yourself.
JeepTJeaglesct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

With the bowless does it roll up at the back easy, is it louder than other tops? What are the pros and cons from this compared to let's say the super top nx or one of the ones with frames?
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today I actually drove 5 hours on the highway, it was noisy from wind as with any top, but much quieter than my old best top. On this one the side and rear windows fully remove and roll nicely. This leaves Behind a safari top. I can easily roll it and store it just as with any soft top. And reinstallation is just a few minute job.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
This is the top I have. I love it! It came with all the hardware and door surrounds, very heavy duty zippers and a quality windshield header. And it's a fairly new company that makes it all in America. The only downside was that it doesn't come with the half door tops. But I ordered the smittybuilt half tops, and they make a great seal and look awesome!
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So you just roll it up and have a strap to secure it down in the back when you take it off?

Lile that runs 1/3 of the price so I would go that route I think.

And does that still work full steel doors? I have full steel doors and glass windows. The door surrounds go on a high inside of the door frame? I have a bar there right now but it goes from to mid
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I can't guarantee about full doors, but I can't imagine that they sit much different than my half doors. It rolls up and you can take it's downward secure strap and hold it on. Although I would advise a soft top tube, or using bungee cords haha. The door surrounds sit in a pretty relative position. So I don't see why it wouldn't work with full doors.
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When I do quadratex advisor soft top the bowless doesn't show up when I say I have full doors :s
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here's their website:

http://www.softopper.com/jeep-wrange...p-details.aspx

The brand is softopper. And now that I'm back on their site, I'm seeing that their model jeep with the top is sporting full doors. So apparently they work out well. Haha
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
Mordy88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

LAME! the 97-06 top doesn't come with the door surrounds haha
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #29
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 97 jeep, and mine came with em. Hmmmm wonder if they changed it now. I reckon I got lucky.
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
JeepTJeaglesct
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sooo, what did ya decide? And just cause, here's my 97 tj with the top, and smittybuilt Hal skins
image-1408510466.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.