Looking for a reliable Subwoofer. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for a reliable Subwoofer.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looking for a reliable Subwoofer.

I have an 8 inch Bazooka tube sub in the back of my YJ because that's about all that fits back there without buying an inclosure. Unfortunately my last trip offroad gave it a good beating and now it barely works. I found the enclosure I want to buy and I'm wondering if anyone has found a good subwoofer that can handle the bumps and hits of the wilderness. Let me know! I need one that can take a beating but still put out some good bass.

PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Vwright14
2012 JK Wrangler 

depends on how much you want to spend..enclosure size..amp rating and what kind of output you are looking for.
Unread 09-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

True. Whatever solution you choose, the box should somehow held to the floor. The easiest is Velcro on the bottom of the box.
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looking for either a 10 or a 12. I'm looking to spend no more than $500 and it needs to be able to stand the test of offroad bumps.
PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Vwright14
2012 JK Wrangler 

There's tons of stuff out there...I'm running a couple SKAR audio 8in subs...pretty hefty at 17.8lbs each.....and build the proper braced box and you shouldn't have a problem.

Tags
audio , bass , sub inclosure , sub replacement , subwoofer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.