Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #46
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Bold would be 0, 15, 25.. there is a finer one at the number. Photo doesn't show it well.

Unread 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #47
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
YJ is tough because of they way they are built. Im still working on that one, but honestly, due to low demand, not very hard.

Sure is, I have silver vinyl, and they are available now.
Bummer
I like what you have to offer so much and would buy them without hesitation.
I guess I'll end up just going with these:
http://www.jeepwhitegauges.com/index-yj.htm

Good luck man. You have a very creative and cool product!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #48
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Bummer
I like what you have to offer so much and would buy them without hesitation.
I guess I'll end up just going with these:
http://www.jeepwhitegauges.com/index-yj.htm

Good luck man. You have a very creative and cool product!

Cheers
I appreciate it, and the reason I do what I do with these is because of gauge setups liek those. In my opinion, if I cant do it right, I wont do it at all. The only way to do teh YJ right and still retain full lighting capability is to remake the stock translucent backing.

Unfortunately, you cant do that with cardstock, stickers, or paper like most of these white gauge dealers. Ours are printed on translucent and opaque plastics, as needed for the application.

We now have access to a laser cutting machine, so it does offer up a new realm of manufacturing techniques.

Tell you guys what. I'll look at my YJ gauges again and see what can be done. I would need about 25 orders to make them a reality to tool up and go through the design process.
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #49
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you end up doing those military/retro look YJ gauges count me as 1 of the 25!!
DustyGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #50
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyGeneral View Post
If you end up doing those military/retro look YJ gauges count me as 1 of the 25!!
I might have thought of a way to do this... but will take some measurements and a test of the laser cutter to see if I can do it right.

Feel free to let others know, as they will be customizable with any of our patterns.
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #51
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Here are a few photos of our new setup.

This is a torn down gauge:

This is the new back plate:

Here it is assembled:

The difference? these are not used:

This nets us no light leakage around the indicators, unless I design it in:

(I used an LED flashlight to show this, my power station is buried on the workbench)

The current batch is painted, laser engraved, and then laser cut, bonded, and shipped. the full production run of these and JK gauges will be done up as a screen print that is laser cut.

It will be a higher price, but a better product overall. As far as I know, we are the only shop offering fully personalized gauges for the XJ that are not some cheap stick on piece. Ive argued with some industry reps that told me to sell all of these for $100 minimum, but thats not my style. For our stock offerings I will still be offering the old kit at the same price, and the nicer kit for slightly more due to the cost of materials and time.

We also plan on offering a full on custom shop where the sky is the limit, to show off some truly nice gauge sets. I have a CJ5 gauge inbound that we will be working on to show off, a set for a 96 XJ that will really shine, and retrofitting a JDM race style setup to a US Mazda RX7.
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #52
YJjeeper1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice but still waiting on the yj guages! Old school military look would be great! For us guys with the older Yj's the guages are not backlit, so for those a simple card stock background would work!
YJjeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #53
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Older YJ is not backlit?

I have a long standing offer. If you are willing to ship them, I will pattern and make basic sets for free. (the newer HD and custom shop work is too expensive and time consuming to give away)

PM me if interested. I would be able to get to them in June with current project load.
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:29 PM   #54
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzy View Post
I give you the new adw hd gauge upgrade: This week i will be measuring and including a panel that fits the bottom where the power outlets are on xjs for all of these orders.

Because of the time it takes to cut and equipment scheduling, these are currently set at a 1 week processing time for stock gauge sets, and more on full custom sets.
Prototypes complete! I will be adding the panels for TJs as soon as I have one to measure.
dsc_4837.jpg   dsc_4828.jpg   dsc_4834.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #55
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know bugging you isn't gonna help, but any word on the YJ gauges?
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #56
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I only have a lit pair of yj gauges here to prototype from, and they are backlit. If I cant do tehm right, then I wont do them, and they will most likely be one offs. We have sold hundreds of XJ and TJ gauges, but only ever had about 3 requests for YJ.
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #57
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dang. Well either way your designs are outstanding. Keep up the good work.
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #58
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyGeneral View Post
Dang. Well either way your designs are outstanding. Keep up the good work.
Thank you

I do take on commission work for truly customized pieces, but it does come at shop rates.
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #59
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good news! JK versions are almost ready! We will be unveiling on Instagram and Facebook as soon as they are done!
10489813_912222258804292_7383856658096617845_n.jpg

10441226_912402218786296_4794937236651842683_n.jpg

Unread 06-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #60
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Good news! JK versions are almost ready! We will be unveiling on Instagram and Facebook as soon as they are done!
Excellent work. Would you accept a custom design if it were sent to you? Do you have a template file to work with? I'd totally hit you up for one of these.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.