Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #31
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome, thanks!
If you are interested in one of these, I'll cut you a discount for helping. Same goes for you LimeLJ!

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
YJjeeper1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, how would I do that?
YJjeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #33
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post

In the application, no. they dont. On paper, in happy internet land, where they dont have fluctuating temperatures, vibration, and wildly varying voltage... they work 100%

Unfortunately, the things that kill LEDs are heat and voltage. Our power systems vary from 9v to 14v. Too much, burns tehm out. Too little (over teh course of time... say 6 months) kills them. Turn your interior light dimmer bulb, and you are killing them at an even better pace.

They expect a stable voltage, cooling (or proper heatsink) to function right. Our vehicles were meant with incandescent bulbs in mind. The ones in my 96 are original. Teh ones in my 1980 Honda are original. They last. The LEDs I tried replacing them with... lasted 2 months.

Except for the turn signal leds... those lasted longer, as well as the brake light ones. Probably because they have an easier time cooling and have a set voltage.
Not to sidetrack again, but are you saying that when I close my door and the interior lights dim before completely turning off, the led's I installed are being damaged by that?
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
Not to sidetrack again, but are you saying that when I close my door and the interior lights dim before completely turning off, the led's I installed are being damaged by that?
No, when you turn the interior dimmer bulb. I noticed that every interior lED on that circuit in my 2 XJs burned out. The ones that just turn on and off (brake, High beam, turn indicators) are still going.

LED's dont liek that kind of dimming, which is why they market lights specifically for dimming. They use PWM to dim (basically blinking very fast) instead of resistive voltage reduction.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Dude. Awesome.

Let me know when you're ready to do a JK. I've been wanting a custom gauge face for a while now. Designing it would be easy, but getting it made is where I got stuck.
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Dude. Awesome.

Let me know when you're ready to do a JK. I've been wanting a custom gauge face for a while now. Designing it would be easy, but getting it made is where I got stuck.
Im assembling materials for v1. If I could sell enough of them via kickstarter to pay for it, they would be a lot closer to the original piece, and done on a direct surface printer. (they start around $6000 a piece)

Which, is why v1 s going to be similar to the XJ and TJ clusters in look and function
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #37
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Black Friday offer on all gauges Click here

10% off our standard gauge sets. What we have in stock is what we have for this sale, first come, first serve. No substitutions.

$5 from each set will be donated to help bring justice to the scum of the earth, via former Special Ops operatives who work for Operation Underground Railroad. This group rescues abducted children from the sex slave trade. They are not affiliated with us past it being our favorite charity. No child should live through that hell, and we want to help them in every way possible. The ADW team has donated personally, and we urge you to be involved as well.

Thank you for supporting us, and for your help in supporting children in need this season.
-Azzy
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #38
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ive started updating patterns for 05-06 TJs as requested. Here is the retro version:
Unread 12-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #39
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Are you making overlays for the YJ dash? I'd be very interested!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ive started updating patterns for 05-06 TJs as requested. Here is the retro version:
I'm definitely interested in the one in the foreground (star in the center, OEM fog light indicator gauge cluster) once it's available. When it's available though, is it possible to have one made with the center star in silver vs. white?
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #41
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Are you making overlays for the YJ dash? I'd be very interested!

Cheers
YJ is tough because of they way they are built. Im still working on that one, but honestly, due to low demand, not very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06philaTJ View Post
I'm definitely interested in the one in the foreground (star in the center, OEM fog light indicator gauge cluster) once it's available. When it's available though, is it possible to have one made with the center star in silver vs. white?
Sure is, I have silver vinyl, and they are available now.
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #42
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure is, I have silver vinyl, and they are available now.
Cool, pm sent.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #43
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06philaTJ View Post
Cool, pm sent.
Paypal invoice sent, thanks again!
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #44
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I love that Retro TJ version. Too bad I have a YJ...
DustyGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #45
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I am confused looking at the military version. Are the bold lines on the speedometer +5 ticks or are the x/10 numbers just offset?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.