Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looking for input and interest in a gauge face kit

Howdy guys

I usually stay over in the XJ forums, but since this crosses over into YJ and TJ territory, thought it would be good to ask for some input from the rest of the crowd. Ive been making for the past few months a set of gauge inserts for mid run XJs, and have had a lot of requests for the end run models, which share a lot of parts with a few of the Wrangler models. Process took a bit of time due to material sourcing and tools, but I'm working out details on the first full draft.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...-97-a-1410550/

These are what we are talking about:

Unread 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The lit cluster looks really bright to me. My eyes are sensitive to that at night -- I usually have the dimmer a little under half to be comfortable. Does it look ok at lower intensity? Does the white background wash in the sunlight during the day?

What's that cluster belong in? Not sure I've ever seen one with dummy lights and a fuel gauge instead of a tach.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
wyattrhicks
2002 TJ Wrangler 

liking
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The lit cluster looks really bright to me. My eyes are sensitive to that at night -- I usually have the dimmer a little under half to be comfortable. Does it look ok at lower intensity? Does the white background wash in the sunlight during the day?

What's that cluster belong in? Not sure I've ever seen one with dummy lights and a fuel gauge instead of a tach.
Its really bright because the exposure on the camera was long. It is also at full brightness, and all the controls and sources of light are stock, so no LEDs or harsh sources of light.

That particular cluster is from a 98 Cherokee. I havent seen too many clusters with the giant fuel gauge either, must have been why that cluster was cheap
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im updating these step by step on the facebook page. If you would like to see them as they come up, hit us up and "Like".

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks

Almost ready for prime time.
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks really good i would be up for one in a TJ varity, considering i am getting one soon (hopefully). The only thing is it would have to have a RPM tach. I dont have one in my EB, and it sucks. So try to incorporate that into the design.
MrSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Like so?

These have come a bit along since I first posted them over here
dsc_4108.jpg  
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy
Like so?

These have come a bit along since I first posted them over here
yes! much much better
MrSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Update:

Got 2 new photos up. The cut template with the new machine is 100%. The print template needs tweaked to fit the new cut template. In person they look awesome, but I may be biased.

As I said before, trying to keep up with all the forums, but can reach most of you by hitting facebook up first. Would appreciate the likes if you are on there

https://www.facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks

(Got to charge up the good camera, these were taken with the phone that just got run over the other day.)
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Some updates:

Photo of how they look lit up in shop:

our 2 styles (multiple color options):

Got pictures in from one of the beta testers:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...l#post15118335

He explains that the brightness is in part form the camera, and part form the LEDs. They arent blinding in person.

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

The TJ version is live, backgrounds can be the patterns we have or completely custom:

Unread 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got any 03-06 TJ plans? Looks like a cool product.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Got any 03-06 TJ plans? Looks like a cool product.
Im up for developing one, just need to get my hands on a gauge set to work with. So either a loaner or a junked (no need for it to work, all I need are lights) one would be needed to work and test fitment.
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Guys, looking for a bit of help. Ive got a guy looking for a custom TJ design, but his cluster has a set of indicators in the upper left corner (fogs, tire pressure, etc) that I have not seen and dont have on my junkyard clusters. Says it is an 05.

Can a few people snap pics, especially if you can light it up in test mode?

(And yes, working on JK versions)
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Guys, looking for a bit of help. Ive got a guy looking for a custom TJ design, but his cluster has a set of indicators in the upper left corner (fogs, tire pressure, etc) that I have not seen and dont have on my junkyard clusters. Says it is an 05.

Can a few people snap pics, especially if you can light it up in test mode?

(And yes, working on JK versions)
In this order, left to right in the top left:
Fog Lights, Fog Light Symbol(Green)
Cruise, Text "CRUISE"(Green)
Sentry Key Immobilizer, Key with Forbidden circle over it Symbol(Amber)

In this order, left to right in the top right:
Front Locker, Text "FRONT LOCK"
Rear Locker, Text "REAR LOCK"
Four Wheel Drive, Text "4WD"(Amber)

Directly below the Four Wheel Drive indicator:
Shift Up, Up Arrow Symbol(Amber)

I refurbish and reprogram Jeep gauge clusters. If you have any questions I can probably answer them.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.