Long crank times on 92 2.5L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Long crank times on 92 2.5L

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Martimus
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Long crank times on 92 2.5L

I need some help please as I am new to the jeep world I have a 92 Wrangler with the 2.5L.
The problem is it will start great first thing in the morning but after that if you shut it of and it sits for more than 2 min. it take a very long time of turning over before it will crank.
Here is a list of what I have done to resolve this so far and I might add it would hardly run at all before this and it would take 45-60 sec. to start when I began.

Replaced: Battery, TPS, crank sensore, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, Distributor, cap and rotor, plugs, valve cover gasket( it was leaking)
Did oil change and I only run non ethanol gas.
please help going nuts over this.
Oh ya and the rpms take a bit to drop when you come up to a stop sighn?????

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.