LJ Price - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > LJ Price

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
rmv42158
2006 LJ Wrangler 

LJ Price

Hey everyone. Im in the market for a 6 speed 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. Mostly is going to be drivin on road with occasional trips to the mountains and some minor offroad. Some light duty towing of about 2-4k lbs even though they are only rated for 3500lbs.. I want to do a 3-4 inch lift with 33 tires max. I found a 2006 silver LJ with a hardtop for 18k with only 1700 miles on it. The only thing is that it is an automatic. Is this a good deal? My daily driver is a stick so I do not think I would mind an auto but I always had sticks. What would you do? Any input is appreciated.

rmv42158 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

With larger tires your braking power is decreased. If you plan to pull over the limit (not recommended) I would keep a set of stock tires to swap on when you do that or any towing close to the limit.

That said I pull my Sail boat probably just under 3500 lbs loaded w/ trailer/no brakes. It does fine and stopping is still reasonable. I am in the middle of a lift and larger tire install now but before I pull the boat back to the marina next summer I will put on some stock sized tires.

As for the automatic, its your preference. Off road a auto has advantages, but I love driving my manual.

And we will have no idea if that jeep is a good deal when you don't even tell us the price. I think paid ~15,600 for my 05 w/ 26k in 2007.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Get a 4 door JK. It has greater towing capacity and has a superior ride on the street, which is where you will be driving it mostly. Saharas and Rubicons come with 32" tires, with the ones on the Sahara being a street tire and the Rubicons being MTR. If you decide you want to go offroad more, you only need a 3" lift on a JK to run 35's.
Unread 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Prerun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, that is a pretty decent price. I'd be all over that.

Nth Degree Mobility 3" Lift
Nth Degree Mobility Stinger Torque Arm
Nth Degree Mobility Slider for the 44
Nth Degree Mobility Tummy Tucker & Oil Pan Skid
SYE/CV
OME Shocks & Steering Stabilizer
JKS Adjustable Rear LCA's
JKS Quicker Disco's
265/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's on Moto Metal 950's
LoD XTreme Duty Bumper & Tire Carrier
Dropkick Slyders
Fabtech Front Bumper w/RAMSEY Patriot 9500 UT Winch
Fabtech Steering Box Skid
Borla Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust
Custom Fabricated Tie Rod
Custom Fabricated 3rd Brake Light Bracket w/LED Lights
(4) 130 Watt Pro Comps atop a Stainless Steel Light Bar
Raingler Nets for the Doggy
Roundeyes Headlight Replacements
Uniden Pro520XL CB & Firestik Antenna
Tinted Power Windows
Dual Tops
Prerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
rmv42158
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Scotch i said in the listing they were asking 18k. I think it's great price however not sure if i want the extra payment. Its buy that and finance it for like 200 bucks a month or buy 94-99 jeep cash. I dunno what to do. So many decisions. I don't want someone elses problems so thats why i may buy newer.
rmv42158 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmv42158 View Post
Scotch i said in the listing they were asking 18k. I think it's great price however not sure if i want the extra payment. Its buy that and finance it for like 200 bucks a month or buy 94-99 jeep cash. I dunno what to do. So many decisions. I don't want someone elses problems so thats why i may buy newer.
buy a 94-99 and be an educated buyer and you wont have to worry about buying someone elses problems.

these jeeps really have few problems. especially with the I6

on my '93, only maintenance things i've had to replace were water pump ($40), and clutch/master/slave ($300).

Not too bad for something that old.

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.