Line-X Grill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Line-X Grill

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Line-X Grill

I know many have had this done, just wondering how much it costed you. I just got a quote from a local company that wants $250 just for the grill in black and if they color match it (silver) they want an additional $200. This seems like a ridiculous amount.

_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
turtle05LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is the going rate here in SD as well. Problem they said was they have to mask the entire vehicle as to not get any overspray on it and that takes time. They quoted me 125 if I removed the grill and just took in the grill. $75 for the "bra" I want to do on the front of the hood to combat rock chips if I take the hood off as well. So $200 for grill and hood if I remove it myself and take in - not a bad price break for doing a little bolt turning. Check that option with them. That won't of course take away the $200 for custom matching.
turtle05LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe I should have specified, the grill is not on the jeep.
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I called them this morning and they said it would be 250 either way because "there is a lot of detail". I called the next nearest place and they said 150 if the grill was off which is a lot more reasonable.

Wonder if the closer one will price match? Anyone have an experience in this situation?
Unread 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

why not do it yourself? I did my YJ and it only cost about $25. I obviously didn't use Line-x, but it still holds up great and was cheap. Did you want it to match your body color?
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
I called them this morning and they said it would be 250 either way because "there is a lot of detail". I called the next nearest place and they said 150 if the grill was off which is a lot more reasonable.

Wonder if the closer one will price match? Anyone have an experience in this situation?
I would be concerned about quality of work if you ask for a price match. Another point; vendor number 2 quoted a fair price which should earn your business. Vendor #1 didn't earn a thing with those prices. Support the fair business man.
Mackinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
turtle05LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I agree with Mackinaw. If it is the same product (LINE-X) and the 2nd vendor gave you a great (and realistic) price for what has to be done I would give them my business. A lot of detail on the Jeep grill (that's funny).
turtle05LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very valid point.

I would consider doing this myself for $25 but insurance is already going to be painting it so I suggested Line-X for my own reasons and it's $100 cheaper for them.
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
HooliMcGee
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Everyone has their beloved "liner", but I brushed mine in Monstaliner (black) and it turned out very well. I put it on thick and there is not so much as a scratch after much sun and a number of travel miles. Spray it if you can, but I've got an indestructible coating for well under the price point you're dealing with. For that money, you could line QUITE a bit more area. After the results on lining the tub interior and some exterior parts I'm kindof a Monstaliner whore, but when it works, it works.

I missed the last post, but hey.

Last edited by HooliMcGee; 08-07-2012 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: missed last post
HooliMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliMcGee View Post
Everyone has their beloved "liner", but I brushed mine in Monstaliner (black) and it turned out very well. I put it on thick and there is not so much as a scratch after much sun and a number of travel miles. Spray it if you can, but I've got an indestructible coating for well under the price point you're dealing with. For that money, you could line QUITE a bit more area. After the results on lining the tub interior and some exterior parts I'm kindof a Monstaliner whore, but when it works, it works.

I missed the last post, but hey.

I checked out Monstaliner awhile back when I seen it mentioned and I really like the look and the color options. As you seen, the insurance is paying.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled mine off and sanded it then Line-X sprayed it for $45.

Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.