Limited Funds...what would you do? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Limited Funds...what would you do?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #16
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Chrome wont get you home but it sure looks pretty stuck in the mud. just save the 600 and add to it.

Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
adamjgb
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. I decided to go with a couple Rigid Industries dually lights. Two spot and two diffused, with the dual a-pillar mounts. Going to cost me about $525. Once I get them, look for me to ping you guys about installation. Already wondering if I should get an s-pod or comparable box to wire them to...
adamjgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #18
adamjgb
2014 JK Wrangler 

Okay, so much for the $600 limit. I ended up buying the Rigid Industries lights I mentioned and also ordered an sPOD with the LED's for $520. Also have an OEM front bumper light bar and some HELLA driving lights in my shopping cart. When all is said and done, I think I'm hitting closer to the $1500 range for lights. You guys were right...just empty every pocket!
Unread 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #19
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Good job on picking lights, that is what I was going to recommend. My Hellas have kept many deer out of my grill. Now get a good snatch strap. The number of stuck people that I find that have no recovery gear amazes me, I put a 30 foot 20,000 LB snatch strap in every vehicle that my girl friend and I own, just in case we slide in a ditch or a snow drift eats us. Plus you don't look like such a tool if you do get stuck and at least have your own strap.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
adamjgb
2014 JK Wrangler 

I thought I would provide an update on my Jeep. Ended up going from $600 in available dollars to just trading in the 2012 JKU and getting a 2014 JKUR! New Jeep is Anvil colored and I love it! Just installed that sPOD and Rigid Industries lights. Check it out!

Unread 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #21
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Well that's one way to upgrade! Nice looking rig!

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #22
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgeno View Post
Well that's one way to upgrade! Nice looking rig!
right. how did you go from i have only 600 to spending, to 1500, to just get a new jeep, not that the old one was even old.

Nice Rubi though. Now when/ if you plan to lift it do not go the route of the lights cost more than the lift. The suspension is the JEEP's connection to the earth. At least that chrome thing is not going to be asked again. Though back in the 70's it was "the thing for every Jeep".
Unread 05-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #23
BROWNING3250CAL
2007 JK Wrangler 

Lots of diy stuff you can do for nothing or cheap. Research it. I have done a ton of diy stuff that was very inexpensive and free. If it were me, first I would remove the plastic front bumper cover, cut the ends off the steel under bumper, wait to mod it or until you can get a new one. Also the grill, I would paint over that chrome asap, how much does a can of paint cost? Then again it all depends on your taste and what you will be using the Jeep for. What other people would do may not work for you. You need to envision your ideal Jeep in your mind, then start from there.

The new Jeep is much better, great platform to start creating your personal ideal Jeep~!
BROWNING3250CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
right. how did you go from i have only 600 to spending, to 1500, to just get a new jeep, not that the old one was even old.

Nice Rubi though. Now when/ if you plan to lift it do not go the route of the lights cost more than the lift. The suspension is the JEEP's connection to the earth. At least that chrome thing is not going to be asked again. Though back in the 70's it was "the thing for every Jeep".
I know how it works. I had a 2003 Grand Cherokee that I wanted to lift and build up. Then it had lots of things needing to be repaired and after spending a couple grand trying to fix and having more issues I finally tossed in the towel and bought my JKU! New was cheaper that used for me.

Anyways, nice looking Jeep. Let the spending begin!

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.