Lift finally done.....pic inside, more pics coming... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Lift finally done.....pic inside, more pics coming...

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
cartwright27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lift finally done.....pic inside, more pics coming...

Two weeks and two days in the making numerous trips to the hardware/parts store, lots of sweat and some blood shed, and a fair share of profanity its finally done!

The install list:

Full Traction 3" lift
FT adj front track bar
Teraflex rear adj track bar
4 Skyjacker hydros
4 33x12.50 Firestone destination at's
4 Crager soft 8's

Heres the teaser shot my parents are on their way home from canada with th digital camera and should be home tomorrow, so sorry for the cell phone pic.

She rides great, better than stock I think. Still need to wash and wax and paint the fenders, and get a new speedo gear. And heres the best part......no vibes yet...up to about 50ish, and yes I installed the tcase spacers that came with the kit.

cartwright27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
GSSFC
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks awesome. Off topic, but that fiberglass insulation in the ceiling looks black. If it is moldy you could be inhaling dangerous mold spores. Sorry I am an insulation contractor...I notice stupid stuff like that. Good job, can't wait for the high res. pics.

Tim
GSSFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You're going to love the FT kit, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes compared to stock suspension bits off-road! The jeep looks beautiful! Makes me wish mine was black (or red )!

Oh, and +1 on having that insulation checked out, or at least having it covered up properly. Could be a health hazard waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

+3 on the jeep, lookin good!

+3 on the insulation too, you don't want to get a black mold infection going, that stuff SUCKS big time, my little bro got it and ended up bed ridden for 4 months. Do yourself a favor, get some sheetrock, some respirators, a couple buddies and then rock & firetape that garage ASAP. If you notice yourself having any weird symptoms get to the dr quick.
zachjf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You don't want to end up sitting in the doctor's office for regular visits breathing in that crap that makes you cough up flem. My dad had to do that and was horribly weak due to breathing difficulties after he got an infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #6
GSSFC
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not trying to jump to conclusions, but if it is mold, you need to have it removed rather than just cover it up and the substrate behind it needs to be neutralized. Not a DIY job, but a lot of insurance companies will cover the expense. The paper on drywall is a sufficient food source for the mold to continue to grow and you will only mask the problem temporarily.

Tim
GSSFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:39 AM   #7
bpowa
2005 TJ Wrangler 

looking good... but damn 2 weeks for install?
bpowa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
cartwright27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowa View Post
looking good... but damn 2 weeks for install?
Haha yeah, I took my time. I did most of it myself and would only have an hour or two to work on it some nights, plus i came across some delays like a broken bolt and such, and I wanted to get it done right.
cartwright27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.