Lesson Learned... the hard way.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Lesson Learned... the hard way....

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
Bill M.
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lesson Learned... the hard way....

So my jeep got broken into again last night... They took my old set of stereo speakers I had wired to the sound bar wires... and thats it... and they ripped the channel off my tonno cover in the process....

The lesson?

I have an alarm that is a little too sensitve, so I stopped using it.... No more. That baby will be armed every night....

The kicker: I heard a door shut last night when I was on the phone with the GF *2 am my time, 10 her time* and I was like... Hmm.. it would suck if my jeep got broken into....

If the alarm was set... it would have went off and stopped the *******s from rummaging through my stuff....

On a positive note: My smittybuilt steel glovebox held up the them prying on it.. my radio faceplate and garage opener is still in there....

****ing thieves....

Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

case and point why getting steel gloveboxes and center consoles and worth the money. As for the old speakers...well sux for the theives when they get to the pawn shop and find out they wasted their time. I always wonder waht is wrong with theives...if I were stealing I wouldn't go for a vehicle where the owner probably knows to keep little if anything of value inside...I would go for a nice daily driver suv or sedan. I guess that's why they're thieves...stupid is as stupid does
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Bill M.
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gily25 View Post
case and point why getting steel gloveboxes and center consoles and worth the money. As for the old speakers...well sux for the theives when they get to the pawn shop and find out they wasted their time. I always wonder waht is wrong with theives...if I were stealing I wouldn't go for a vehicle where the owner probably knows to keep little if anything of value inside...I would go for a nice daily driver suv or sedan. I guess that's why they're thieves...stupid is as stupid does
Lol true... the thing is.. tey only took one speaker... they were just old radio speakers... I had them on the floor behind the font seats...

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I O x
I o X
Io x
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Where o is the steering wheel and x is little speakers and X is big speaker...

I have the other big speaker in the garage somewhere, and I am taking the top to the upolstery *sp?* place to get it sewn back together..
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Bill M.
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well in a turn of events, I went outside to check the mail, and my dad was outside talking to the neighbor. He calls me over, and hes got my speaker and my red bag in his hands.. Turns out they dumped my stuff in his truck....

So..

I wired them back up, but my hard top back on, locked her up, and then set the alarm...
Unread 06-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
79CHKCHK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

glad to hear you found your stuff. i hate thiefs. whats the point in doing something like that?
79CHKCHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

glad you got your stuff back..
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CHKCHK View Post
glad to hear you found your stuff. i hate thiefs. whats the point in doing something like that?
Sometimes they arent actually looking to benefit from it and are instead little punk *** kids (or older) who just happen to be bored.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow that's really convenient with the neighbor and all. A little too convenient. Neighbor have any teenage kids?
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Bill M.
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
Wow that's really convenient with the neighbor and all. A little too convenient. Neighbor have any teenage kids?
Nope.. he's an old man... grampa old...
Unread 06-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
Jasen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a soft top, live in the city in not the best 'hood.

I never lock it at night. Never left anything in it untill recently now that I've installed a Tuffy console box.
But, even though it's never locked, they've cut the drivers window twice.
Crooks ain't to smart
Jasen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.