Lemon Law - Impartial Services Group - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Lemon Law - Impartial Services Group

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
spolebitski

Lemon Law - Impartial Services Group

Anyone have experience with Impartial Services Group - the third party that represents Chrysler in the "Buy Back" or "Lemon Law" procedures?

spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

My sister went through it with them for her Dodge Caliber and they tried to make her look like a habitual car buyer! Could you imagine a car maker saying she bought too many cars in the past! She ended up after lawers fees with about 3k and the car! She traded it on a mazda.
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
spolebitski

What do you mean by they made her look like a "habitual car buyer".

Did she begin working with Impartial Services Group before or after the lawer got involved?

Did she find Impartial Services Group to be helpful?
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

After the lawer. They stepped in and saw that she bought a new car every couple of years( and she can afford to do it), and they made it look like she was just trying to get out of it. I was in it when her problems started and it would stall at hiway speeds, scares the crap out of you . Power brakes and steering lost. Chrysler could not reproduce they stall even though she had it in multiple times.
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
spolebitski

I had a similar problem with my Jeep. Every 3000 (aprox) miles it would stall as you describe. At about 12000 miles, and after the government required a recall be done did chrysler say there was a problem. After each time it stalled i would bring it in and I would be told that everything was fine and they could not duplicate the problem, thus there must not be a problem! This upset me because they looked at me like i was some idiot when I described the problem.
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

She would not drive it after it happened with the kids in the car. And like you said , she was very upset!
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
spolebitski

I am working with ISG currently and I am getting a bit upset as they (Chrysler) keeps increasing the MSRP as it is taking longer for my delivery to come in (was estimated 2/2/2009 - still not here).

When I brought this up she said the CSR with ISG could do nothing and I would need to be the sticker when delivered.
Unread 02-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

It's an uphill battle, but don't let up. Like I said she ended up with cash and a car she loves!
Unread 02-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
spolebitski

Did she take the cash with usage fees, I assume because she did not get another chrysler.

I was offered my sticker price as a credit if you will towards the purchase of a new chrysler product at sticker price. It was not until I asked (after the price changed a second time) that I asked if I would be able to take cash as an option. I was told I could be usage fees would apply.
Unread 02-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm not sure how they came up with that price, but her lawer was also paid in that mix. It was one of those "you dont pay if you dont win" deals.
Unread 02-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #11
spolebitski

Anyone else work with Impartial Services Group?
Unread 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
pogo1

The guy I am working with is being pretty good, he calls be back within hours of my call. However I ordered my new jeep and they are telling me becasue of all the transition the orders are on hold between 60-90 days. All the plants are shut down. so i cancelled my order and founf one at a dealership.

We havent completed the deal as far as the paperwork goes yet. the jeep i founf is about 800.00 cheaper. I dont know how thats going to be handled, does anyone know?
pogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

ISG is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. You have to beat the crap out of them to get any action. They'll tell you what you want to hear and not deliver unless you press them. They overcomplicate everything. Their policies are set by Chrysler and there's nothing wrong with them, but ISG manages to mess up even the most basic directions and makes you run in circles for weeks

Then again, I have to deal with them a couple times a year so maybe I'm just biased. Just my:

2-cents.jpg

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
travis1963
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had a buyback on an 08 Cummins 6.7. That is when I chose my Rubicon JK as my swap vehicle. Instead of the actual buyback, I did a collateral swap and got the JK and a check. The biggest problem was getting ISG and Dodge to communicate with each other. The best advice I got was to be very persistent and very professional, stressing persistent. Remember, they are in no hurry, so keep calling, leaving messages, keep calling your service mgr. also. I did this at least once a week and it still took 3 1/2 mos. I also wrote letters to Dodge Detroit. I talked to them as rough as I could but still as professional as I could if that is possible. I know it is a hassle but you must call these yahoos constantly or you will not be a priority to them. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! If you end up in court it will be priceless.
Unread 01-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
Jeepsr4me19
1976 CJ5 

I had 2 go back, and once it gets to point that they accept the return(nightmare amount of time to convince them the vehicles were lemons), Jeep and Chrysler have made me pretty good offers. My 1st was in 94, 2nd in 2002. Both times they gave me 3 choices.
1. Complete swap with brand new Vehicle just like or better than the one I have. They would just call my finance company and do a title swap with them. So my payments never change, and I would have a year paid down on it and It was brand new.
2. A credit for what I paid toward ANY Chrysler product at Dealer invoice price, ZERO haggle. I pick the car and they pull invoice plus any hold out moneys and that was price. I could even order any one I wanted.
3. They cut me a check for the amount of MSRP (remember I didnt pay that amount so I made money doing this) of the vehicle I bought.

Guess which one I picked? 3. Even though 2 is a good option if I wanted to buy another Chrysler product.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.