Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

LED Taillights MODERN POST

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Mackinaw 
#1 ·
LiteDOT LED tail lights: years ago (1st generation) LiteDOT LED tail lights (for TJ's) received horrible forum reviews as the lights would burn out and members would go through 2-4 sets. Is this still true with LiteDOTs today? Or are they still no good??

Looking to do a circular taillight/revo/signal mod and retain the factory license plate position. And I have a Teraflex CB mount which uses factory taillight holes (I wont cry if I have to move the mount).

#3 ·
I am not sure if you are talking about a TJ, JK or what, but the following applies to JK's.

These are from Warrior but many other companies make them.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12525_6027_07.htm

I recently upgraded my tail lights with LED's. I have only had them for around a week, so I can't say long term, but so far I love these and the price was pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121817003786

When the box arrived, the actual brand name was Spyder which is very similar to Recon. I have another thread in the JK section about the install and pictures which was easy as can be.

#4 ·
I recently upgraded my tail lights with LED's. I have only had them for around a week, so I can't say long term, but so far I love these and the price was pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121817003786

When the box arrived, the actual brand name was Spyder which is very similar to Recon. I have another thread in the JK section about the install and pictures which was easy as can be.
Truck-Lite makes a pair similar to those that are priced around $56 for each side.
A light with a three bolt mount is nothing special unless the price has been inflated by the Jeep application.

#9 ·
You can pretty much order anything from NAPA through their website and pick it up in the store with free shipping.

I hate when companies try to attach the Jeep name to a product ,then pass it off as a Jeep specific product to justify the extra money.

#16 ·
What is this based off of?

I believe they are on their 5 or 6th generation. I am on my 4th set. Yes they had issues in the beginning. The problem was they used very hard plastic and ran the electronics between the two bolt holes. So when you barely tightened them, it would Crack the internals. They replaced all of mine, no questions asked. They last couple ones was an experiment with compounds I believe. They also ran the electronics around the outside instead. The current generation (at least the ones I have now) uses a softer yellow/green rubbery plastic. I have had zero issues with them in a couple years now. And I wheel hard with them. I'd buy these ones again.

Last safari.

Week or so ago.

#11 ·
I'll check out Napa. The Truck-Lite link does not have an option to order (found that link previously). I also see that Quadratec has a line of LED tail lights (similar to Truck-Lite). I wonder if those are any good? Says they come with the turn signal flasher built in, I don't know if the Truck-Lites do as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.