Kudo's to East Coast Gear Supply - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Kudo's to East Coast Gear Supply

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 08-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
lander
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Kudo's to East Coast Gear Supply

Just wanted to post my appreciation for the guys at East Coast Gear Supply. I was in an accident back in early July in my Jeep and my front end was damaged. Not willing to accept a junk yard axle assembly, I checked the forums and quickly found out about East Coast. Gave them a call and setup a quote for my new front end.

Unfortunately there was a bit of confusion and the wrong gear set was put into the original shipment. My body shop called and said it was all done except there was an odd vibration in the front end. When I got there I asked if they'd put it into 4WD, which they had not. I found some gravel and did and immediately we realized it wasn't right.

I called ECGS and spoke with the owner (my apologies, his name escapes me right now) and after some discussion realized there was confusion between me and another customer. I needed stock 3.73 and they had put in 4.80's. I offered to split the cost of having my body shop swap in a replacement, but ECGA said nope. They shipped a new front axle assembly with the correct gears and a check to my repair shop for them to do the exchange.

I've already passed on ECGS's info to my repair shop...my body shop obviously will be using them in the future when they may need anything that ECGS has to offer and another shop that my body shop uses has also put them on their list for parts.

to ECGS! I very greatly appreciate them doing the right thing and doing it so quickly! I was without my Jeep for over a month and am very glad to be back driving her!

lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
SpaceWrangler
Gnarly Adventurer

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Where the Girls Dance Different With Familiar Grace
I agree ECGS is a quality operation. I had a bolt-on 8.8 w/ ARB custom built by them back in the spring, and Chase made sure everything went together like clockwork.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/
Unread 10-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I as well agree. I had a HPD30 and a Ford 8.8 built with 4.88s by Chase and his crew. I called several times with questions before and after receiving the axles and ECG was great with answering every questions I had. The customer service is top notch.

There quality of work is top notch as well. I could not as for anything better in the welds or the brackets they used. Everything lined up and fit without an issue.

Shipping was as smooth as could be, the axles were packed and wrapped in shrink wrap and came on a well built pallet.

I highly recommend having an axle built by East Coast Gear. I have nothing buy great things to say about them.

Thank you again.

Check my build thread for tons of pics of the axles.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I can agree too, I just got some parts shipped to Canada from ECGS, and had no issues. The guy that answered the phone was pleasant, the shipping was fast, and reasonably priced.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
coneal30
1990 YJ Wrangler 

ECGS is awesome. I ordered the 8.8 with 4.88 gears. A+ customer service, quality product and fast shipping. these guys do it all. 5 star, A+, and 2 thumbs up. thanks ECGS!
coneal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
captjanes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i dont have much good to say about them.. it took me about 7 weeks to receive my ford 8.8 bolt in.. not to mention it cost me $2300.. and i have had trouble since. first one guy told me to put 3.5 quarts of oil in the axle and it was blowing oil out through the vent so i called them and another guy told me that anywhere from 2.5 -3 quarts. about a week later i was driving down the road and the person behind me stopped me and said my shock mount was hanging down..sure enough the shock mouth weld let go from the axle.. and i wasnt even offroad haha.. i then looked closer at the axle and found that ALL the brackets was only welded on one side so then i welded the rest soild..i figured after paying $2300 for a axle i wouldnt even have to look at the welds but i guess i learned by my mistakes.. service was great every time i called they answered phone within 2 rings.. i guess they just wanted my money haha..
captjanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjanes View Post
i dont have much good to say about them.. it took me about 7 weeks to receive my ford 8.8 bolt in.. not to mention it cost me $2300.. and i have had trouble since. first one guy told me to put 3.5 quarts of oil in the axle and it was blowing oil out through the vent so i called them and another guy told me that anywhere from 2.5 -3 quarts. about a week later i was driving down the road and the person behind me stopped me and said my shock mount was hanging down..sure enough the shock mouth weld let go from the axle.. and i wasnt even offroad haha.. i then looked closer at the axle and found that ALL the brackets was only welded on one side so then i welded the rest soild..i figured after paying $2300 for a axle i wouldnt even have to look at the welds but i guess i learned by my mistakes.. service was great every time i called they answered phone within 2 rings.. i guess they just wanted my money haha..
I highly doubt the shock mount let go. And the axle fluid depends on your lift. You obviously put too much in regardless of what they said. I new enough to check the height of the fluid by putting my finger in and filling the oil to the appropriate level. If they told you 8 bottles, would you have put that in? ECGS supply is great. And if it is true, I would like to see pics of the brackets that were welded only on one side.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
I highly doubt the shock mount let go. And the axle fluid depends on your lift. You obviously put too much in regardless of what they said. I new enough to check the height of the fluid by putting my finger in and filling the oil to the appropriate level. If they told you 8 bottles, would you have put that in? ECGS supply is great. And if it is true, I would like to see pics of the brackets that were welded only on one side.
Even if they were welded only on one side, that should be enough (aren't the factory mounts welded on one side?).

My bet is his shocks were too long, and he's bottoming out, which would not be ECGS' fault.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #9
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've really enjoyed my 8.8 ECGS built me. They screwed up the gearing also though. Instead of 4.10's they put in 4.88s. This was discovered after a two hour drive down to pick it up.

About a week later they had a new one built and shipped for free to make up for the delay.

They never sent me an email invoice after I ordered it(Only took them two days to build after I called), so I didn't notice it was wrong. But the axle was top notch, can't wait to pull the trigger on a HPD30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a slight issue with my e brake and they were able to help me get it fixed over the phone. Good guys in my opinion.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #11
j_niko
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow....that is above and beyond customer service.

I am drawing up my (next year) plans for a frame swap and new axles. They will be used for the project.
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #12
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
And the axle fluid depends on your lift.
I agree he put in too much fluid, but what do you mean by this? Can't quite figure what you're getting at.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #13
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
I agree he put in too much fluid, but what do you mean by this? Can't quite figure what you're getting at.
it can vary depending on your lift amount via pinion angle
SYE (greater upward pinion) or
2 ujoint shaft (parallel to tcase output=lesser angle),
so it can take more fluid if you have alot of lift and a SYE. more of the cover itsself actually ends up being the center of the bowl and it takes more fluid to fill it
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gotcha, thats much more clear.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.