Kilby Closing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Kilby Closing

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Kilby Closing

WOW I just went on line to check something and found that Kilby is closing its doors 8-15-10. You may want to check out there stuff and see if you can save some $$$$$$$ before they close

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
CaptGeno
2005 TJ Wrangler 

checked out a few stuff and they are taking like 40 bucks off alot of their stuff, not too much off, but its something
CaptGeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What a shame, another good company
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are some folks that do/did not care for Brad Kilby but the economy may have taken it's toll.

Kilby Enterprises is closing the doors August 15, 2010. We would like to thank all of our valued customers who have supported us over the years.

Please call 818-565-5945 during business hours to order and check product availability.

Last edited by robncar; 08-06-2010 at 12:50 PM..
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

i wonder if anybody will fill the blackhole on York stuff...brad's kind of had the market on those kits for a while...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I just noticed this. I am just getting started on my OBA....this sucks.

Probably won't be around once I get the funds together to get the bracket and stuff.
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Personally, I think Kilby priced themselves OUT of the market.
Unread 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have owned/do own a fair amount of Kilby stuff, and sure hate to see them close! I have talked to Brad numerous times over the years and he has always been super helpful. The first aftermarket Jeep part I ever bought back in the day came from him... a gas tank skid for my 83 CJ7. I guess as they say "All good things must come to an end."
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
camper49
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Times change, new vendors come along, who's to say why some choose to close shop.

I don't have the jeep credentials to say much about this, except that I've purchased some Kilby products for my wrangler. I have the gas tank skid and the front bumper and steering gear cover. I don't beat on my jeep so I don't qualify as a product tester.

When I first took an interest in owning a jeep, Kilby was recommended by some knowledgeable jeep friends. Not ever having another brand gas tank skid or trail bumper, I can only say that the experience has been good, the products shipped safely, they bolted on without trouble, the prices were comparable to other stuff I've looked at. I don't regret choosing to purchase from Kilby.

I don't know Brad Kilby, but I did ask a question on the phone recently and was told "I'll have Brad call you later". Which he did later that day. And he was very friendly, eager to talk about anything really, never seemed ready to hang up....and almost tried to talk me out of what I was thinking about purchasing from him because he felt I had several good choices outside of his company. As I thanked him for his time, he told me he was calling from his personal phone, save the number, and call him if I ever had a question.

So I called his shop yesterday and ordered a few small things that we had talked about, before it's too late.

I guess he could be like me and some other people I know....subject to a bad mood from time to time. But I would never know that from my experience.

'98 TJ wrangler sport.....gunmetal blue
XJ d30/rubicon TJ d44...33's with popular suspension mods

want to read my build threads...they're long with lots of pictures
camper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51 View Post
i concur
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

He has another business (no clue what, didn't say), and he was closing his Jeep business to focus more on the other one. I assume it's family/money/time balance.

I've heard both love/hate with the passion of a million suns comments about him. All i can say is my steering box skid has worked out great, and he really knows his York OBA's. He was putting them together for over 10 years.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51 View Post
I agree, based soley on the cost of the OBA brackets. I find it hard to believe they couldn't be made cheaper.
Quote:
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
chipstill
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The new Kilby

Kilby is now being ran by a new person and I can not remember his name. I spoke with him a few months ago and he seemed like a good guy. Went to order some stuff today and the lady could not even tell me the shipping cost as the sales person was out? I asked for a call back a got an email that didn't answer all my questions. I emailed back that I would like a call back and never got one!!! I have many Kilby products on my Jeeps and Brad was always ready and very willing to talk to anyone with questions. His products where second to none. I think it shall be the last of the great Kilby parts as this new guy seems to not care!!! Just my 2 cents
chipstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have an update on this? I sure could use some brackets for my york I've has laying around for a while. I wish another company would step in and fill this gap. Maybe I should ditch the york and just get one of those Viair 33 or 100% duty electric compressors.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Anyone have an update on this? I sure could use some brackets for my york I've has laying around for a while. I wish another company would step in and fill this gap. Maybe I should ditch the york and just get one of those Viair 33 or 100% duty electric compressors.
From what their site says, Kilby is up and running. All of the products look to be the same, so I assume you could get the brackets your looking for. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you.
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.