kilby air sucks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > kilby air sucks

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
mchadpayne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

kilby air sucks

has anyone else been trying to get parts from kilby air? after numerous attempts they sent me an email saying the site will be down until further notice.

mchadpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
MotoSoul
Just add Dump Truck

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like it is back up to me. Your thread title is a wee bit over board for the situation.
I like the arms, they are a good solution, but they really aren't worth the effort for the average person and you already see the BS that goes on over bushings VS JJ's, the crap that would go on over J arms would be epic.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
mchadpayne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

why dont you try to put something in your cart before you telling me that my post is overboard. kilbys customer service sucks. i have tried for more than two weeks to contact them with no response.
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
MotoSoul
Just add Dump Truck

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Then perhaps you should explain the entire situation in your first post? Then maybe you might get more relevant information to what you are looking for.
I like the arms, they are a good solution, but they really aren't worth the effort for the average person and you already see the BS that goes on over bushings VS JJ's, the crap that would go on over J arms would be epic.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
tators
1997 TJ Wrangler 

On Board Air is pressurized - so it more appropriate to say they "Blow" not Suck... Just sayin...

Years ago - Kilby had top notch service...
tators is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
StephenGallivan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Kilby's Customer service

I recently had a bad experience with kilby. They will not return phone calls and requests for assistance via email are answered with terse incomplete sentences.
I had to buy a complete bracket kit to replace a single part. But when I made the order it was delivered in a very short time.
Just my .02
StephenGallivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
mchadpayne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

as of now if you put anything in your cart it says the item is not available for order and I have tried dozens of times to contact them with no answer in sight. my question was has anyone else had this problem. thanks for the responses. I will be buying a oro bracket most likely
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to Wrangler GD.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Few years ago kilby was great. Then it was sold. Have not ordered anything since new ownership, did not need to order anything.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #10

I'm in the same boat. I had the idler pulley go out on my system 10 days ago and take out the serpentine belt. I've been trying to contact them ever since to get to get another idler or to get the specs so I can buy one somewhere else. No response. I didn't have a great experience when I bought it either. I wouldn't recommend buying for them.....
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchadpayne View Post
as of now if you put anything in your cart it says the item is not available for order and I have tried dozens of times to contact them with no answer in sight. my question was has anyone else had this problem. thanks for the responses. I will be buying a oro bracket most likely
I bought mine years ago. Although I have kilby kit I run an Oro bracket with idler pulley, it's a much better setup than than Kilby bracket.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
mchadpayne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i contacted ORO and all of their guys are in colorado for the week.. I'm probably going with their bracket and the rest of the system I have. Only parts I was really trying to get from kilby were the york flange to pipe fittings. here any flange fittings for a york have gotten obsolete. I finally broke down and made some out of 1/4" stainless plate and swaglok tubing yesterday. it wasn't the best way to get rid of a 12 pack and an evening but it saved me $50 to kilby.
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshw301 View Post
Few years ago kilby was great. Then it was sold. Have not ordered anything since new ownership, did not need to order anything.
Years ago I wheeled with Brad Kilby a few times while I was stationed out in CA (Fort Irwin). He seemed like a great guy. His TJ had coil springs in front and leafs in the rear and his tail pipe went above the frame. I remember this because I crushed my tail pipe once when wheeling with him.

I was really disappointed when I say this thread but I guess since he sold out things aren't the same.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

delete double post

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just tried it and works fine. What link are you using? It says they have an updated site with a different url to use.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.