Kentrol Grill w/ Round Headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Kentrol Grill w/ Round Headlights

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Joshdale
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Kentrol Grill w/ Round Headlights

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...=30646#details

Fits:
1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Kentrol Grill With Round Headlights

Uses TJ Headlights & Buckets

IDK what to think about this without seeing the finished product on a YJ. If nothing else it would make a good conversation starter.

Joshdale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What's wrong with the YJ's headlights?

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Joshdale
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The shape of your headlights doesn't affect how well the jeep performs, so it doesn't matter.
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

I thought those things weren't able to be sold anymore since the 7 slot grille is trademarked?!
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

First I will say I like my square headlights and second I will say my family has had many Jeeps and many had round headlights. I'm not here to debate which is better and frankly I don't care what others think is better.

That being said, it's about time somone brought this option to market as there are many YJ owners doing this type of swap all kinds of ways. I know a while back Omix-Ada had a concept similar to this but it never made it to the public.

My issue with the one in the link is THE PRICE! Holy **** you've really got to hate square headlights to spend that much on a grill. I bought a pristine replacement YJ grill at the JY for $22.50 lol. Also whats up with the indent on the top portion of the grill? Maybe it's just the camera angle?

I would certainly like to see the finished product on a YJ but for the price I'll keep my squares!

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Mark455SD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What genius of a designer thought it would be a good idea to keep the turn signals square. Add on the price of headlights,buckets,paint,shipping and tax. For the price of that grill you can buy a complete CJ nose.

Last edited by Mark455SD; 02-19-2011 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: added more
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark455SD View Post
What genius of a designer thought it would be a good idea to keep the turn signals square......
That's exactly what I thought. Hell, if you're gonna use the TJ headlights etc.. they could've made it use CJ running lights.

Ohh and the price If I could get one CHEAP (like under $200) I would consider it, but not for that.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Joshdale
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If Kentrol had a steel version or a plastic version I'm sure it would be cheaper. For some reason all their fiberglass products are $500 and up.

TJ Wranglers have square turn signals. I think those look weird because they're not on the grill like every other Jeep.

Last edited by Joshdale; 02-19-2011 at 01:02 PM..
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
roklok
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ grill is just fine. I got more important things to spend $500 on.
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Holy Cow add the freight and it $574.00 + TJ Buckets and lights must add another $100 + a body shop to paint $100 so now I'm up to about $774.00. Plus you know every time you do something on a jeep something else must be done so add another $50.00 just for some wiring or whatever. Hell I up to over $800 and I haven't even installed it yet. WOW for $800 my square lights seem to look a little brighter now.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

yea that price is insane. by the time you get everything you could get 2 lunchbox lockers and still have some money leftover.
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
That's exactly what I thought. Hell, if you're gonna use the TJ headlights etc.. they could've made it use CJ running lights.

Ohh and the price If I could get one CHEAP (like under $200) I would consider it, but not for that.
But they have a police/military discount. Why don't you apply and tell us how much you save. Not that I'm going to get one.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

wonder how many of these have been sold? Someone's really just gotta have lots of extra $$ burning a hole in their pocket to want round headlights that bad on their yj

I like my squares
Unread 02-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
otr1952
1994 YJ Wrangler 

why would I want to look like someone that wishes they had a YJ?
it not for everyone but its mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.