Keep JK or get Tacoma - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 Old 10-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Rumor has it the truck won't be available until 2018 as a '19 model, but regardless of such, the Wrangler truck will pale in comparison to the quality and longevity of a Tacoma. Chrysler and FCA have an excellent track record of launching new vehicles with a boatload of QC problems. You're gonna want to wait a couple years for them to shake out the bugs.

Pessimist...

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If I could only have one I would rather have a wrangler and a trailer. A 4 door Tacoma won't have much of a bed anyway.

If I could have both my Wrangler and a pick up I would have both and I do have both. Except my pickup is a 79 Chevy one ton 4X4.

My son has an 86 4x4 Toyota pick and I also have a 4Runner. Toyota are great vehicles but they are pretty bland compared to a Wrangler.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
post #18 of 25 Old 10-20-2016, 07:53 PM
wildride89
2014 JK Wrangler 

I use to have a 2006 4 Dr taco and Toyota just makes a great vehicle. Had tons of fun in it. Ended up selling it when I wanted to get a tj and sell the YJ.

All the new setups for jeeps now if money wasn't an option, get the unlimited and make it a truck. Seriously, if hauling all your toys around is needed get the truck.

post #19 of 25 Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM
avatr
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Rumor has it the truck won't be available until 2018 as a '19 model, but regardless of such, the Wrangler truck will pale in comparison to the quality and longevity of a Tacoma. Chrysler and FCA have an excellent track record of launching new vehicles with a boatload of QC problems. You're gonna want to wait a couple years for them to shake out the bugs.

If you want a fun, capable, and reliable truck that you can tinker with, you absolutely cannot go wrong with a Tacoma.
I'd rather wait than drive a toyota

2008 JK Rubicon - sold
post #20 of 25 Old 02-16-2017, 01:41 PM
NIUPonyBoy

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepPirate View Post
Thanks for the replies. I technically could afford to have both since the jk is paid for. I just think the taxes insurance and maintenance for two vehicles may get old. It's also hard to justify considering the fact I wouldn't use either one to drive to work. I think I'll have to make the decision as its either one or the other. I am interested to see what jeep does in 2017 regarding the wrangler/wrangler pickup. A new one of either will likely be out of my price range though.
Late to the party... so you have done this... but I would keep both. See sig for what I do. My JK is my DD and toad and my PW (pickup) is for hauling **** and fun. The Expy EL is the familytruckster and the Mustang is for low speed fun. Lol

'15 Expedition EL, '12 Outback,'07 JK, '06 Mustang GT, '05 PowerWagon,'05 Freestar, '02 Yamaha
post #21 of 25 Old 03-03-2017, 05:35 PM
16Jeepman

I had a 2010 JK... dumped it and got a great Tacoma and have missed my JK every day since. Just recently sold the Tacoma and bought a new JK and very glad I did... back home again in the Jeep!
post #22 of 25 Old 03-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Dead-On
2017 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
If I could only have one I would rather have a wrangler and a trailer. A 4 door Tacoma won't have much of a bed anyway.
Toyota sells a 4 door Tacoma with the full 6' bed offered in the 2 door version.
post #23 of 25 Old 03-09-2017, 12:22 PM
16Jeepman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
Toyota sells a 4 door Tacoma with the full 6' bed offered in the 2 door version.
.... and its about 25 feet long.... maybe for pickup lovers, but I don't like driving a bus
post #24 of 25 Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Dead-On
2017 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Jeepman View Post
.... and its about 25 feet long.... maybe for pickup lovers, but I don't like driving a bus
Lol
post #25 of 25 Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
Ha ha, I know a lot of truck purists who would laugh at the term "full" with a 6' bed, saying anything under 8' isn't "full".

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.