Just Got Factory Half Doors - JKU - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Just Got Factory Half Doors - JKU

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

For my LJ I have full doors, half doors and fabric doors. I like having all the door options, but truth be told I'm either using the full doors and going doorless with the fabrics in the back in case of rain.

They do look great though!

Unread 08-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #17
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Those do look good. Don't think I've seen any 'live' JKs around me with the half doors.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #18
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love my half doors in the spring/summer and my full doors in the fall/winter.

I'll stick to my $200 half doors with rattle can paint, though.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #19
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Love my half doors in the spring/summer and my full doors in the fall/winter.

I'll stick to my $200 half doors with rattle can paint, though.
Same here, but that's TJ vs JK.
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
joesharp

Love the red, and the half doors look fantastic. Totally worth it. I'm taking the doors off of my 2009 Wrangler, does anyone know if there are any laws against this in Michigan?
joesharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks amazing, but for $5k I would probably go to many other ridiculous mods first. This may be a stupid question, but there are no windows right? I just dont see the point of half doors if it rains and you have no windows, if the weather is NO rain, why not just go no doors or tubular doors? Just trying to understand the logic here. Either way, looks badass
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
morty00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great
morty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #23
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFun View Post
Looks amazing, but for $5k I would probably go to many other ridiculous mods first. This may be a stupid question, but there are no windows right? I just dont see the point of half doors if it rains and you have no windows, if the weather is NO rain, why not just go no doors or tubular doors? Just trying to understand the logic here. Either way, looks badass
I want them but as with you many other mods come first. Upper soft windows are available so no issue there. Lots more mud and dirt can enter with no doors or tube doors.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
GeckoFun[/B];15859671] Just trying to understand the logic here.

Now YOU know how we've been feeling for months!!!

All different threads by GeckoFun:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...h-fun-1555389/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...color-1465991/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...-pics-1479246/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/f...-pics-1396902/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...-pics-1442191/
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #25
nateburch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFun View Post
I guess it really depends on how you use your Jeep. I haven't been offroad yet in the mud, but have been on the beach. It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's just that I haven't had time since I have an ATV and have a bunch of other toys. In addition, I have all of the mods I want/need.

I bought the doors to keep my kids from falling out. It does have windows, but I rarely use them. I put the soft top down, and then park it in the garage at night.

For me, this is a great mod and well worth the money. I just thought people would like to see how the half doors looked. When I was trying to decide to buy them, I couldn't find many pictures.

Here is a pic of my Jeep at Hatteras, NC.

nateburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateburch View Post
I guess it really depends on how you use your Jeep. I haven't been offroad yet in the mud, but have been on the beach. It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's just that I haven't had time since I have an ATV and have a bunch of other toys. In addition, I have all of the mods I want/need.

I bought the doors to keep my kids from falling out. It does have windows, but I rarely use them. I put the soft top down, and then park it in the garage at night.

For me, this is a great mod and well worth the money. I just thought people would like to see how the half doors looked. When I was trying to decide to buy them, I couldn't find many pictures.

Here is a pic of my Jeep at Hatteras, NC.

looks amazing! Totally understand now about the kids...that would be a tough one to explain to the wife Looks stunning
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #27
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice declaration of what little life you have
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
TylerWj
2007 JK Wrangler 

image-2529573562.jpg
TylerWj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There was no reason for this. Now you're the one starting ****.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #30
Gavin12Sport
2012 JK Wrangler 

both of the red ones on this page look fantastic. Thanks for posting.

I wish it was cheaper, as I'd love to get them. The kids keep asking me to take the doors off, but neither my wife nor I feel completely comfortable with that...the half doors might make everyone happy.
Gavin12Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.