Just Got Factory Half Doors - JKU - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Just Got Factory Half Doors - JKU

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
nateburch

Just Got Factory Half Doors - JKU

I just picked up my Jeep from the body shop from having the half doors painted. I haven't seen many with half doors, so I figured I would post a pic. It was expensive, but I think the factory half doors are worth the price.

I thought a few of you would like to see how it looks on a JKU.

nateburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
stephen28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow looks awesome!! Wish I could justify spending the money myself but I'm just too damn cheap!! hajj

The red looks awesome by the way
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Sweet! I love the look of half doors. Makes me miss my TJ that had them. Enjoy!
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow that looks sick what was the total price with paint?
Ls1man2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
nateburch

It was expensive, very expensive....

I paid around $5k for the doors. The paint was a pain in the *** to match, and it cost me $1,300. I wanted the doors painted off the jeep, and this was a near perfect panel match, especially for the color.
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ has full doors that I would remove during the summer months. I really didn't like how "too open" the cab was with no top or any kind of doors.

Finding a set of used factory half doors really made the difference. Its a shame you JK owners don't have as many to chose from.

Looks great, enjoy them.
Unread 08-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateburch View Post
It was expensive, very expensive....

I paid around $5k for the doors. The paint was a pain in the *** to match, and it cost me $1,300. I wanted the doors painted off the jeep, and this was a near perfect panel match, especially for the color.
Wow.. Gosh it looks so good though. I might have to bite that bullet once I have my base line set up done. I showed my girl your pic and she insisted that we do the same to our jeep. Guess ill have to listen to her.
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
nateburch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
My TJ has full doors that I would remove during the summer months. I really didn't like how "too open" the cab was with no top or any kind of doors.

Finding a set of used factory half doors really made the difference. Its a shame you JK owners don't have as many to chose from.

Looks great, enjoy them.
It was somewhat scary to me riding around without doors. I felt like I was going to fall out around turns, and my kids (ages 5 and 7) could never ride in it.
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It was somewhat scary to me riding around without doors. I felt like I was going to fall out around turns, and my kids (ages 5 and 7) could never ride in it.
Same here. I've never had a motorcycle and driving down the interstate or hi-way at 60 mph with no doors and seeing asphalt zoom by just a few feet away took some getting used to. My wife never liked it. Plus all the wind, just wasn't much fun.

Now with 3 door options (full, half, none) and 3 top options (soft top up, safari top, no top), its like playing mister "potato head", I can drive a different jeep set up everyday of the week.

I'm curious what's the percentage of TJ vs JK half doors are out there. I found my set used on CraigsList, it would make you sick at how cheap I got them.
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Same here. I've never had a motorcycle and driving down the interstate or hi-way at 60 mph with no doors and seeing asphalt zoom by just a few feet away took some getting used to. My wife never liked it. Plus all the wind, just wasn't much fun.

Now with 3 door options (full, half, none) and 3 top options (soft top up, safari top, no top), its like playing mister "potato head", I can drive a different jeep set up everyday of the week.

I'm curious what's the percentage of TJ vs JK half doors are out there. I found my set used on CraigsList, it would make you sick at how cheap I got them.
The only true open air feeling is on two wheels. With that said its nice to able to put the top down and talk to my girl and have a cool drink at the Same time.
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just picked up my Jeep from the body shop from having the half doors painted. I haven't seen many with half doors, so I figured I would post a pic. It was expensive, but I think the factory half doors are worth the price.

I thought a few of you would like to see how it looks on a JKU.

Wow!

Love the look.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen28 View Post
Wow looks awesome!!

The red looks awesome by the way
x2, looks absolutely bad-*** with half doors.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've never cared for the look of the 4 door JK's, however those half doors make a world of difference. Very nice job!
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the club..

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I think I have only seen 3 or 4 JKU's with half doors, yours being one of them just now. They look good. I love the half doors on my YJ. I took them off once to go doorless but actually prefer the half doors over no doors, they make a great arm rest and look good.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.