Just became an American... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Just became an American...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #16
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

WOW! That's one cleeeeean jeep. Nice score man!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

jonny93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #17
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Damn that thing is clean!! very nice!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
JonnyYJ

Thanks for the kind posts, guys. It's definitely a very clean YJ and I'm proud to own it.

I love lifted Jeeps, but I'm having mixed emotions about changing much on this vehicle. What I like about this Jeep is that it's clean and simple. I almost feel accountable for keeping it stock for the Jeep purist gods out there. Like I mentioned before, I'm more of a car and motorcycle guy, but at the same time respect all trucks and SUVs. This thing is going to be my camping and exploration vehicle.

There is something to be said about driving around in a Jeep...I love it!

Jon
JonnyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
JonnyYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
omg that jeep must be from the jeep gods!!! so clean like it nvr left the lot, low miles, my yj is lifted with big tires blah blah but im jeep envy on your yj! welcome to the forum and the yj world hey i used to own a dodge dart myself in HS being a mopar nut myself also, it was a 1966 model with that weak but reliable slant 6, i built it from the ground up, bodywork, paint, interior etc. i sold it Feb of this yr to buy the mods to my jeep yj.
Good work on the Dart. Mopars are near and dear to my heart; always have and always will be. I would either like to build a '68 Hemi Dart clone or a '69 6-Pack Roadrunner (both with a 4 speed Hurst)

Vehicles come and go, so you might have another one someday!
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyYJ View Post
Good work on the Dart. Mopars are near and dear to my heart; always have and always will be. I would either like to build a '68 Hemi Dart clone or a '69 6-Pack Roadrunner (both with a 4 speed Hurst)

Vehicles come and go, so you might have another one someday!
i hope so. gotta love those hemi darts 1/4 mile in 10sec off the showroom floor i believe in '68. cant get any better than that keep us yjers updated on your future mods down the rocky road.
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #21
JonnyYJ

Curious, what is the paint color option called on my YJ? There seems to be a couple different blue options for 1992.
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #22
coleslaw
1987 YJ Wrangler 

This is a perfect example of why I bought an old beater and fixed it up. I wouldn't even want to take that out in the rain let alone a nice, big, slimmy mud hole....

Nice find!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I]A country that tries to spend itself to prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself by the handles.[/I][/COLOR]

[I]Winston Churchill[/I]

87 YJ I6, nuttered and rushed, 2.5" lift, 31x10.5, custom made f&r bumpers, Mojave heater, TJ flares, Superwinch S9000, hm swingout tire carrier, tool drawer, custom electical control, and more in the works...........
coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec View Post
not ture, its good to be an american in the u.s., nowhere else really.

sorry but this made me laugh it is SOOO true, you Americans can sure piss ppl off.....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #24
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyYJ View Post
Thanks for the kind posts, guys. It's definitely a very clean YJ and I'm proud to own it.

I love lifted Jeeps, but I'm having mixed emotions about changing much on this vehicle. What I like about this Jeep is that it's clean and simple. I almost feel accountable for keeping it stock for the Jeep purist gods out there. Like I mentioned before, I'm more of a car and motorcycle guy, but at the same time respect all trucks and SUVs. This thing is going to be my camping and exploration vehicle.

There is something to be said about driving around in a Jeep...I love it!

Jon
heh Im with you, I have owned/build couple Cobras, had a ncie slammed 79 GMC with a blown 454 in it... *****ing 88 fox body, S/C that one hauled ***, almost a 9 second car, just could never quite get it there.... then it found a guard rail one night screwing around.... save the races for thetrack kiddies...

anyhow, most fun of all I thik I have had in my jeep.... gets the whole family involved more, and its just fun

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #25
JonnyYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
This is a perfect example of why I bought an old beater and fixed it up. I wouldn't even want to take that out in the rain let alone a nice, big, slimmy mud hole....

Nice find!
I would have to agree with you on this one...though, the more you fix a project up and make it nicer, the less you won't to drive it like originally intended. This is from my experience at least - I guess there needs to be a balance of utility and beauty!
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
JonnyYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
heh Im with you, I have owned/build couple Cobras, had a ncie slammed 79 GMC with a blown 454 in it... *****ing 88 fox body, S/C that one hauled ***, almost a 9 second car, just could never quite get it there.... then it found a guard rail one night screwing around.... save the races for thetrack kiddies...

anyhow, most fun of all I thik I have had in my jeep.... gets the whole family involved more, and its just fun
One of my most favorite sounds is of a cammed 302/331/347ci small block ford. Toss that motor in a Fox LX notch....

I'm looking forward to taking this YJ on trips. I have used this site since 2008 for research. From what I have read and seen, I'm a big fan of your suspension lift. Do you happen to have any pictures you can share?
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

what would you like to see. I got pics of the build ...

I used Old Man Emu 36R springs all 4 corners, soem was trial and error, I had 14F up front at first, for a SUA they work great, for SOA I needed heavier so upped to 36R, OME greasable shackles, OTT Rocky road highsteer, AA, SYE, and made my own rear shft from an xj shaft... welded front with a Posi and the 8.8 is going in this spring...

a few, but got tons ...

for what you wantng I would recommed the 14 front and rear, you want just mild and keep mostly stock..

the 14 are a 2.5" lift you should not need ANY kind of SYE, or anything, maybe a tcase drop but not likely, beautiful rid, and some greaable shackles.... be a steller setup I ran this way for a couple years before going SOA... the OME springs are MAD flexy and ride like nothing else...

Hangin Loose.....almost broke my brake line...

The flexc shots are SUA, 14F fronts and 36R rears, OME greasable shackles and a 1/2 tcase drop....

Unread 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #28
aztec
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.