Just became an American... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Just became an American...

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
JonnyYJ

Just became an American...

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I finally became an American (I own a Wrangler now!) This is what an ex F-16 pilot I worked with once told me...you're not American until you own a Jeep.

Little about me, I'm a huge automobile enthusiast. However, I have mainly owned and raced cars in the past. My 1992 Wrangler is the first 4x4 capable vehicle I have ever owned. It somehow makes me feel like more of a man just driving it... If I had to side with one manufacturer, I would have to say I started life as a Mopar kid. The Dukes of Hazzard led to my first car being a '69 Charger and then a '68 Dart.

Fast Forward a decade or so and I'm now in possession of a 1992 Wrangler. This YJ is equipped with a 4.0 that only has 37K on the clock. My girlfriends mom finally let me purchase it from her. The thing has been sitting in their garage for years driven only in the summer months. When I brought it home, I spent the weekend changing all the fluids (transfer case, motor, tranny, diffs, etc.). Also, I changed the rotor, plugs, plug wires, radiator hoses, and serpentine belt. Thing drives great!

I lost the clutch last week, which led me to looking over the hydraulic system. The master was low, so I filled it to the top. I then bled the clutch system and everything is back to normal (firm peddle).

Given the low miles I don't want to butcher the vehicle too much, but I do have some tasteful mods planned for this beast. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

Jon

JonnyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
theredmonster
2012 JK Wrangler 

congrats on the new jeep they are a blast. and its always good to be an american!
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
JonnyYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredmonster View Post
congrats on the new jeep they are a blast. and its always good to be an american!
Thanks, bud. I'm definitely excited to tinker around with this thing and take it out. I have some winter exploration trips planned.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
aztec
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredmonster View Post
not ture, its good to be an american in the u.s., nowhere else really.
aztec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, being an American in Canada is not so bad if you can handle us laughing at your funny accents, eh.
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

to the forum and congrats on your new Jeep. Now you can throw away your green card.

Wow, a 92 with only 37k is one heck of a deal. It must still look pretty new I would imagine. Have any pics of it for us?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
aztec
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Hey, being an American in Canada is not so bad if you can handle us laughing at your funny accents, eh.
aztec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
JonnyYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
to the forum and congrats on your new Jeep. Now you can throw away your green card.

Wow, a 92 with only 37k is one heck of a deal. It must still look pretty new I would imagine. Have any pics of it for us?
I'll definitely be posting up some pictures. It's a California vehicle, so the body is perfect. However, since it was sitting in the garage with the soft top down, it was in need of a thorough cleaning.

I'll get some pictures of it and get them posted within the week.
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
JonnyYJ

Finally, took some pictures this morning. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention that I added a new Sail Cloth to it...great top btw.

Unread 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that thing is clean! Looks great!
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

omg that jeep must be from the jeep gods!!! so clean like it nvr left the lot, low miles, my yj is lifted with big tires blah blah but im jeep envy on your yj! welcome to the forum and the yj world hey i used to own a dodge dart myself in HS being a mopar nut myself also, it was a 1966 model with that weak but reliable slant 6, i built it from the ground up, bodywork, paint, interior etc. i sold it Feb of this yr to buy the mods to my jeep yj.
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow!!! And I thought mine was clean, yours looks so much more brand new than I thought mine looked. You stole that from the PO!!!!
Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

My first Jeep was a '92 Wrangler, bought new from the dealer. Keep an eye on the Clutch Slave Cylinder. I had one go out, had it replaced and was good until the Whole tranny went at 130K. They found a used one for me and THAT slave cylinder went out. For whatever reason, they are vunerable, but ince they are changed out, you are golden.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That is a sweet jeep. I am jelous. I thought mine was in good shape but Damn. That thing is amazing. Good job on getting that one. You should teach us your skills for find deals. Wow just wow
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You walked into a mint Jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.