jku sliders ace enginnering vs JCR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > jku sliders ace enginnering vs JCR

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread 11-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

jku sliders ace enginnering vs JCR

I had the ACE on my 2 door and liked them very much.

I was put on to JCR by Jason at Krawl , as well as a good product.

Just wanted to hear from some people with the ACE or JCR on the JKU to see how you like them.
pros/cons of one over the other
quality of work product and workmanship etc.

They both look easy to install. with basic tools and no body modification.

DO the JCR come powedercoated?

I was wondering about the JCR being attached to the tub . The ace was not just the body mounts.

Looking at body damage risk. if they are attached etc.

Any feed back would be appreciated as I am planning to buy some if they go on sale for Black Friday.

Unread 11-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
98tjsahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered the 2-door JCR Classic sliders last week with the powder coat option but I have not received them yet. I do not doubt the durability or performance of the ACE sliders, but the gap they leave under the door looks flat out ugly to me. I like the idea of the JCR sliders mounting to the body mount AND pinch seam, rather than just the body mount. I used to work as a tire tech at Discount Tire, and for low profile cars, we used rubber blocks under the pinch seam to lift the vehicle and never had a problem with it supporting the entire weight of the vehicle on the pinch seam alone.
Unread 11-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I run the JCR Crusader Rock Sliders. But they are tub mounted by a plate(Nut certs in your nice paint and mounts to the body bolts. That new designed low hanger must be new for JCR

The rest are low hanging types that lose to much clearance for me. I use the sliders a lot on rocks after about 3 years they have held up well for the beating they get, but i think you are looking at the low hanging type. For the price the crusader version is hard to beat, though i see the prices have went up a lot. my stage two were under 300 bucks. Back then they only came in bare steal. They way i like it as why spend $$ on expensive coatings that will not stand up to the first time they are used over rock falls and large boulders?? I mean if they are for looks then sure plate it in gold.
Unread 11-25-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Yes I am looking at the ones that do not require any body modification. I just cannot bring myself to drill into my 1 month old paint.

I don't have rocks in FL to slide over. More for looks and a step. and if i got GA or N Fl then some light trails.

I like them but at $465 that is wow. Ace is cheaper and I did have them before. Maybe I need to save up some more and hope for a sale in the next few days/weeks.
Unread 11-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Well I talked to Jason at Krawl off road and bought the JCR sliders not finished. I will get a local shop to finish them.
Unread 11-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrnglr92
....I just cannot bring myself to drill into my 1 month old paint.....like them but at $465 that is wow...
I have Compound Drilled Hole Phobia myself. However there are advantages to not using the body for slider support especially if you are also tied to the frame: noise and vibration transmission isn't a factor for one, and trapped grit or moisture won't be a rust factor. Plus if you drop offa something hard enough to wonk up the sliders the body/tub won't share the damage.

But at $465 I couldn't help myself- I'd get the welder out and glue up my own!
Unread 11-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

ya that's why i did not get those. I have not purchased them yet. Waiting on Jason to contact me back.
JCR has 2 types of sliders . and the ones I am going to get will have 3 body attachments and 3 frame attachments.

Like you the mettle on mettle with sand dirt etc and scraping my paint does not work for me either.

They attach to the body same place the rubies attach. So the holes are already there.

Also you don't have to use those mounts if you don't want to.
Unread 11-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
98tjsahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
JCR has 2 types of sliders . and the ones I am going to get will have 3 body attachments and 3 frame attachments.
JCR does not make frame mounted slider. Their classic sliders mount to the existing body mount holes and existing pinch seam holes. Their crusader sliders mount to the existing body mount holes and additional holes made in the body of the jeep with nut certs.

My JCR classic sliders are supposed to arrive on Thursday and I can post up pics once installed.
Unread 11-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tjsahara View Post
JCR does not make frame mounted slider. Their classic sliders mount to the existing body mount holes and existing pinch seam holes. Their crusader sliders mount to the existing body mount holes and additional holes made in the body of the jeep with nut certs.

My JCR classic sliders are supposed to arrive on Thursday and I can post up pics once installed.
just wondering did you get them painted or raw?
I ordered mine in raw. Jason got back to me the other day.

Love to see the pics when you get them on

My brother in-law know someone who will coat them locally for a reasonable price.
Unread 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
98tjsahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
just wondering did you get them painted or raw? I ordered mine in raw. Jason got back to me the other day. Love to see the pics when you get them on My brother in-law know someone who will coat them locally for a reasonable price.
I ordered mine powder coated because I do not have a garage to paint them myself, and my local shop quoted me $350 to powder coat them black. That seems outrageous to me.
Unread 12-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
98tjsahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to installing these. Everything was pretty straight forward. Took me 45m-1hr to install by myself in the dark with a small camping light, lol. They look well built and feel sturdy. Time will tell.

image-1913967377.jpg
Unread 12-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Wow they look nice. Still waiting on mine to come in.. Have a call into Jason to get a ship status.
Unread 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #13
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Ok So i got some time to verify fitment before I send them out to be painted.

I like them, beefy for sure. about 50lb each side.

I did notice some of the bolt holes do not line up right. Nothing a little bottle jack cannot fix to just nudge it up enough to get the bolts in.

I am thinking of either powderocating mine or getting black hardware from Lowes. I don't want it to stand out against the black.
20150104_131658.jpg   20150104_132038.jpg   20150104_132349.jpg   20150104_133300.jpg   20150104_133312.jpg  

Unread 03-24-2015, 06:38 AM   #14
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

All painted. I like the JCR . I went with a light textured paint. Non skid.
20150323_131305.jpg   20150323_131317.jpg  
Unread 03-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #15
jeepwrnglr92
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quick update on this topic.

I went to put the 6 body bolts in the sliders tonight. Well only 4 of the holes lined up. Good thing the body mounts are what carry's the load.

So I am no better off than having bought the ACE sliders as I cannot utilize the other mounting points.

And to add insult to injury my hex tool slipped and now i have 2 nice scratches in my fresh paint. Oh well.

SO I guess it's up to you what you want to futs with.
I think I would get the ACE one again over the JCR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.