JK vs. H3 - no contest - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > JK vs. H3 - no contest

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #31
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
Wait - are you saying this is not true???
Who am I too say, I spend more time in an 18 wheeler than at home...

ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #32
a2jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX14_Mike View Post
They think that Jeep owners for the most part live in trailer parks and are rednecks.....
my neck and my trailer take great offense... now excuse me while i blow on this here jug
a2jk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
MacK
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you kool dudes on here but I would give up my Jeep and my ZX14 for one of these bad boys....You can keep the rocket launcher on top just give me the Hummer....

That's a humvee!

Humvee = real
Hummer = fake.

And those skinny tires on both the hummer and JK are retarded looking. They are off road vehicles not pimp rides.. at least the JK isn't ;p
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #34
MacK
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
You didn't pull him out... you fail at being a Jeeper.
Sorry Sir. Next time I'll laugh and help
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #35
Reddog2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerbob View Post
Actually it's a Chevy Colorado pickup in Hummer clothing, I agree P.O.S.
The regular H3's are based on the Colorado/Canyon pick ups, the H3 Alpha (V8) is based on the Trailblazer/Envoy.
Reddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #36
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

I can think of a lot worse vehicles than the H3; just seems to be the easy target, given its intended demographic being the same as the JK. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, so it's all on the level.

I'd still rather have a H3 than a FJ. Every time I see a bright yellow or blue FJ with that white top, I'm expecting a big Barnum & Bailey sign on the side: here comes the circus!
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #37
bantam

To clarify, I wasn't being opportunistic. I know that people who are in the market may look at the JK, FJ and H3 and just wanted to give my opinion since I've put over 1,500 miles on the H3. For me, it sucks. I could not wait to get out of it - just gave it back yesterday and will never drive one again.

For me it has no redeeming qualities. The JK's ride is rough, but you don't need a kidney belt - with those leaf springs in the back of the H3 it actually feels like a pick-up truck.

Not picking on the H3 - dif strokes for dif folks - I'm sure there are guys that actually like the ride, sloppy transmission, coffin-like cabin, and typical GM quality finish. Pick on the JK all you want (and many people do here) the engine, transmission, ride, feel, etc. are 10 times better.

The only thing I can think of that makes the H3 attractive to others is the "macho" or "my car cost more than your car" attitude some drivers are looking for.

I do have to say the truck is cool looking - my kids loved it and thought it looked tough . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwestclan/2538725188/
bantam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #38
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you kool dudes on here but I would give up my Jeep and my ZX14 for one of these bad boys....You can keep the rocket launcher on top just give me the Hummer....

I guess I'm just biased, but I'd still rather have this!

If only I could have one to use as a daily driver and could "abuse"(relative to it's age) on light trails and beaches and such. But these things are never going to be for that again. :-(
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #39
Bareass

the h3 and h3 alpha are both the colorado/canyon frame.. in 08 they rebuilt the colo/canyon frame to be wide enought for the alpha's engine...funny thing is the guys and gals on the colly forums really respect the jeeps. but same frame engine with a different badge and feelings change!
Bareass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #40
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

As stated earlier, you really can't compare a H3 and a JK.....They are in different classes.

The quote on a Hummer and a Humvee being 2 separate animals is not true either. A H1 and HMMWE (Humvee) are basically the same. EXCEPT in most cases the H1 has a more powerful engine. I know because I drove both and owned a H1 for 2 years.

Calling the H1 a POS is not fair either. They have their issues, I drove to the dealership for new brakes and has a 2100 dollar bill!! The guy who stuck his on the beach is just like the photo above with 20 's on a Rubi....any dumb a$$ can own one and do as he or she see's fit with it but owning one does not mean you can drive it properly. Look at all the Humvees in the big sand box!!! Obviously they do not have issues in negotiating sand!!
They are great for what they were designed to do (ask our troops) but they were not designed to run the back trails and or rock crawl....Thats why I traded mine for a RUBICON!!

I owned my H1 when the H2 and H3 came out....Most H1 owners hate the H2 and H3 more than Jeep owners do b/c they have ruined the HUMMER name.

But I do Miss the cargo room!!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #41
dstephns
2008 JK Wrangler 

Brent, great photos. Nice H1, but I do love your Rubicon!
dstephns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #42
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Brent what bumper is that on your Rubi?
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #43
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
Brent what bumper is that on your Rubi?
Sig says AEV........

Brent has cool toys....
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #44
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sig says AEV........

Brent has cool toys....
I don't know how many times I have asked silly questions that were answered in their signature.
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #45
Dutchers
1988 YJ Wrangler 

brent i think most will agree that noone is calling the H1 a POS, i think its generally accepted that GM turned the Hummer name into a POS but the H1 isnt included into that category. H3= colorado, H2= envoy or equivilant
Dutchers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.