jk motor upgrade ideas? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > jk motor upgrade ideas?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you're thinking about 4.10 gears for your '08 JKU--waste of money-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethejeep View Post
Plan on regearing to 4.10 either way just courious if some one had done a motor swap with the can bus system using something other than hemi or ls. Heard bout a swap out of a commander but i thing that was a 5.? Hemi? Honestly just want a small 8 but that might be a dream to let die.
If you have a 6-spd, then you can always drive in 4th gear, if you have an auto, 4.10 gears are worthless even for 32" tires--

You should think of 4.88 of 5.13s for your power/response comfort, not to mention better gas mileage-

JIMBO

JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
dodgethejeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We got a bone stock 08 sahara 4 dr stick. Not sure what the axle ratio is but it needsa tow receiver installed. With all these people talking about swapping gears i figured i might find some 4.10 gears cheap. Regeared the tj i had in the driveway should be the same for another jeep product right? Ya i understend that they changed the axles alittle so older stuff won't fit um. Mopar forbid different generations of jeep have interchangable parts.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.