JK 2 door length ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > JK 2 door length ?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a JKL that 10 inches added to its length http://JKLwrangler.com

slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #17
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a link to a JKL that has 10" added to its length http://www.jklwrangler.com
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Does the JK need more cargo space? Most say yes its cabin is just to small, you only have room for two adults in front and maybe one in rear seat ,thats not covered in cargo,and the JKU out sells the JK 3 to 1, because its like of capacity

I think it needs at least 12 or more inches added to its length ,with the new jeep designs coming in model year 017. Jeep will offer a jeep-mini wrangler and a jeep truck + the JKU'S. Unless the JK 2 door jeep isn't lengthen It could be dropped from the wrangler line up in the future. WHAT SHOULD BE DON. have your say
What are you talking about? The JK two door is already huge, the four door is too huge. They both have gotten so large they are no longer capable vehicles in tight quarters. Maybe you should just buy a Hummer and leave the Jeep Wrangler as the small, nimble vehicle it used to be before it got giant sized.

Yes, I do hope Jeep comes out with a smaller Jeep, I know, something like a TJ

J
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Nice, jeep Mukluk , now tell us why you haft to ride in the back seat, have you been a bad boy/
Ah, the back seat... nah, I prefer to drive my Jeep from the front seat.

From looking at the production totals from the factory, it appears up through the 2012 model JKU to JK production was split 60/40 (six years of production). For 2013 it's 66/34. So while the 4 door is definitely more numerous than the 2 door, it's not outselling the other to such an outstanding degree as to say the 2 door should have a trunk added or face the axe.
mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
Ah, the back seat... nah, I prefer to drive my Jeep from the front seat.

From looking at the production totals from the factory, it appears up through the 2012 model JKU to JK production was split 60/40 (six years of production). For 2013 it's 66/34. So while the 4 door is definitely more numerous than the 2 door, it's not outselling the other to such an outstanding degree as to say the 2 door should have a trunk added or face the axe.
Yes your right, its , its not 3 to 1 but around 2 to 1. Thanks
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #21
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X4X4 View Post
What are you talking about? The JK two door is already huge, the four door is too huge. They both have gotten so large they are no longer capable vehicles in tight quarters. Maybe you should just buy a Hummer and leave the Jeep Wrangler as the small, nimble vehicle it used to be before it got giant sized.

Yes, I do hope Jeep comes out with a smaller Jeep, I know, something like a TJ

J
The 2dr JK is only huge for what your using it for.
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

I love the size of my 2 door 98% of the time. For the other 2% I have a hitch mounted cargo carrier or a trailer.
No need to make it bigger.
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.