JK 2 door length ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > JK 2 door length ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

JK 2 door length ?

Does the JK need more cargo space? Most say yes its cabin is just to small, you only have room for two adults in front and maybe one in rear seat ,thats not covered in cargo,and the JKU out sells the JK 3 to 1, because its like of capacity

I think it needs at least 12 or more inches added to its length ,with the new jeep designs coming in model year 017. Jeep will offer a jeep-mini wrangler and a jeep truck + the JKU'S. Unless the JK 2 door jeep isn't lengthen It could be dropped from the wrangler line up in the future. WHAT SHOULD BE DON. have your say

slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

CJs, YJs and TJs didn't have a whole lot of cargo capacity either and they did all right.
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Does the JK need more cargo space? Most say yes its cabin is just to small
Then I would tell "most" to just get a JKU?
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you need the room get a JKU if you don't get the JK... and take the seat out...

I probably needed the room of the JKU but I couldn't get over the visual.

I don't regret the 2 door, it looks more like the real jeeps with square headlights :P
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

wail if you consider the new jeep truck and new mini wrangler and the JKU , want most jeepers buy them and avoid the 2 door JK, unless it gets more capacity. I think so!
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
CJs, YJs and TJs didn't have a whole lot of cargo capacity either and they did all right.
The JKU out sells the 2 door JK, 2 to 1 ,because the JKU has more capacity. So way waist your money on the 2 door JK, Jeep needs to add more capacity to its 2 door JK if they want sell it around the world.
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
If you need the room get a JKU if you don't get the JK... and take the seat out...

I probably needed the room of the JKU but I couldn't get over the visual.

I don't regret the 2 door, it looks more like the real jeeps with square headlights :P
Why not just add more length, two the 2 door JK?
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

3 to 1. Still a lot of us 2D Jk. why drop a third of your sales? 2d jeep today is giant compared to the 47 I had 35 years ago.
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does the JK need more cargo space? Most say yes its cabin is just to small, you only have room for two adults in front and maybe one in rear seat ,thats not covered in cargo,and the JKU out sells the JK 3 to 1, because its like of capacity

I think it needs at least 12 or more inches added to its length ,with the new jeep designs coming in model year 017. Jeep will offer a jeep-mini wrangler and a jeep truck + the JKU'S. Unless the JK 2 door jeep isn't lengthen It could be dropped from the wrangler line up in the future. WHAT SHOULD BE DON. have your say
The SWB Jeep seats four adults, not three. Cabin size is relative -- compared to an Excursion it's small, compared to a Smart car it's quite roomy.

For your 3 to 1 sales figure, can you post a link to a source for that info? The most current production info I find (May 2013, from Chrysler Group LLC website: http://media.chrysler.com/newsreleas...d=14380&mid=18) shows production isn't quite 2 to 1, and that's higher than it was in previous years.

I think your prediction that the 2 door will be dropped unless they give it more cargo room is conjecture at best; there still seem to be quite a few people that are perfectly content with the lack of extra room for soccer balls and groceries.

mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Everybody has their own unique mission for transportation in general and for their Jeep in particular.

I can afford either a 2 door or a 4 door, in any configuration offered.

I got rid of my miata [what I don't have is an over-abundance of garage space or I would have kept it as well] and will be ordering a 2014, 2 door as soon as the dust settles on the change-over.

For my particular mission, I want a fun convertible that can haul more than 2 ppl, I have grand-kids and they are a priority.

As I fish, hunt, hike, kayak, I want the occasional time when more storage/hauling is needed. I'll be building a small trailer for that purpose. I'll have more storage/hauling capacity when needed and will leave it behind the xx% of the time not needed. There are excellent threads of building a small trailer in JF on a Harbor Freight, or similar, frame.

This will not fit everyone's needs but seems to be the best compromise/solution I've been able to devise for myself.

YMMV

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
The SWB Jeep seats four adults, not three. Cabin size is relative -- compared to an Excursion it's small, compared to a Smart car it's quite roomy.

For your 3 to 1 sales figure, can you post a link to a source for that info? The most current production info I find (May 2013, from Chrysler Group LLC website: http://media.chrysler.com/newsreleas...d=14380&mid=18) shows production isn't quite 2 to 1, and that's higher than it was in previous years.

I think your prediction that the 2 door will be dropped unless they give it more cargo room is conjecture at best; there still seem to be quite a few people that are perfectly content with the lack of extra room for soccer balls and groceries.

I think you should ride off road in JK2D, For a day with camping gear , and report back to us you should come-up tohttp://www.allpar.com the news and rumor forum thats on the right bottom of the home page.
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think you should ride off road in JK2D, For a day with camping gear , and report back to us
How 'bout a TJ, which is smaller than a 2D JK... been doing it for almost 14 years.

mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
3 to 1. Still a lot of us 2D Jk. why drop a third of your sales? 2d jeep today is giant compared to the 47 I had 35 years ago.
Doc,my point is by adding length to the 2d JK Jeep, you should increasing its sells
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
How 'bout a TJ, which is smaller than a 2D JK... been doing it for almost 14 years.

Nice, jeep Mukluk , now tell us why you have to ride in the back seat, have you been a bad boy/
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is the weirdest thread I have ever seen.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.