"JF to the Rescue" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > "JF to the Rescue"

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

"JF to the Rescue"

After reading the "wow jk rollover story" i am truly inspired by the guys on that forum.

I think the mods should add a "search and rescue" forum to the site.

I know i would help with every situation i could and im sure im not the only one.

Anyone with me??

BTW, If you havnt seen that thread its worth a look

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

JF is too big, most members are also members of local smaller forums and groups for these such things, i know my local "club" tulsaoffroad.com, we have a "recovery" thread....its a good idea though.
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
peddlerofpunk
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i agree with the op, cant hurt to have another section...

PUNK ISNT DEAD
Red Jeep Club member #200
peddlerofpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be on board with that idea.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
jeepbub08
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah why not? seems pretty cool to me

Eastern NC Jeep Owners #8
jeepbub08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another section wouldn't hurt nothin
'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
USAFRecon

I think it would be a good idea, would be usefull
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If we're going to get this to actually happen. We'll probably need a spokesperson or leader(no i'm not volunteering). We'll need alot more people to help push for the idea. And we'll have to talk to the mods in a professional kind of manner, not like we normally hoot and holler on the forum board.

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, and we'll have to keep pressing forwards toward it, but not so much to get on the mods nerves.

Quote:
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with everyone else.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea i am game. sense it was my idea i guess i could lead it, where should we start

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722109
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704069
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-27-2009, 04:58 AM   #12
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess it's a matter of opinion.

But I'd start by doing preliminary work. Recruitment and establishment. Get yourself organized. Make it real, not just internet typing.

Then I'd present this idea fully backed up with facts/people to the head man himself. I wouldn't talk to anyone but the big cheese, not all these other moderators. (I love you mod gods btw). Ultimately it's going to be up to Keith what happens, and the other mods seem to have different thoughts on different issues. Some will like it, some won't. Just like the reast of us.

Quote:
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
0II0
KF4VGI

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow what an article...That is a true jeep club. I would love to see something like this in JF maybe organized under the state or regional links since I would have no shot of helping in AZ when I live in NC. There used to be a club called Jeep Rescue .org. It was a group of volunteers across the us who would assist in SAR missions for local law enforcement agencies who did not have alot of resources. Sadly I think it went under due to fears of liability issues if someone did get hurt. It is a said day when people get discouraged to help due to folks who will sue your pants off your kids for trying to be a good American.

We would need to set up an alert system for varying degrees of help needed. Then an email or text message to go to responders phones and email accounts. As well as setting a CB or ham radio channel for member to meet up on once in the area and responding.

Just brainstorming...love the idea.. I pitched something similar to the Carolina Jeepsters after I saw the video on the net about jeepers using there vehicle in sever weather to get emergency workers into the hospitals. The answer I got was we don't need to do that because it never snows here. Then about a month ago it did snow and Raleigh was looking for people to drive.

Last edited by 0II0; 02-27-2009 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: copied from other post
0II0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0II0 View Post
We would need to set up an alert system for varying degrees of help needed. Then an email or text message to go to responders phones and email accounts. As well as setting a CB or ham radio channel for member to meet up on once in the area and responding.
I am trying to find out how they made it work on the other forum.... They were able to email and text just from posting a new urgent thread in the S&R section.

I agree that it should be located within the regonal areas for obvious reasons, but i dont know how often they are really checked. I am subscribed to mine but idk about most of the users?

Any thoughts?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722109
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704069
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
0II0
KF4VGI

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashinTJs View Post
I am trying to find out how they made it work on the other forum.... They were able to email and text just from posting a new urgent thread in the S&R section.

I agree that it should be located within the regonal areas for obvious reasons, but i dont know how often they are really checked. I am subscribed to mine but idk about most of the users?

Any thoughts?
JF has members from clubs across the us. We need to get as many clubs across the US to lend a hand in developing the SOP for the rescue groups. Many I am sure already have some sort of setup and would probably love to help set up a larger system. Then we can try and get them all to tie together. It could be like AAA for jeep owners.

JF should have just a section for volunteer jeep owners to serve in there area.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.