Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Driving Through Afghanistan Mountains! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Driving Through Afghanistan Mountains!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
strokera4

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Driving Through Afghanistan Mountains!

This video is awesome!! Some Afghans got a hold of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and they are taking it on some really serious off road trails. The Rubicon definitely represents the US in style!

Here is the video that I found:

http://video.ultimatestreet.com/vide...imited-rubicon

The Rubicon is bad as hell.

strokera4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure they do have some great wheeling spots... now if they just had more Jeeps!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
coach-mike
2005 TJ Wrangler 

More jeeps more regulations all the good land seized by gov. I learned how to ride dirt bikes as a five year old where the yamaha plant in california now sits. Craziness..
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I can't watch the video on my iPad. But I spent many months in the mountains of Afghanistan. We broke our up armored hmmwvs within 30 days. So we went and "borrowed" some 4 dr rangers we (the US) bought for the police. They were outfitted pretty well. Roll bars in the bed and winches up front. We were not kind to them and drove those damn things like we stole them, even outfitted for multiple day trips (food, water, ammo, gear).

That whole country is an off roaders wet dream, minus the insurgency. We would drive as fast and hard as we could and sometimes never got out of 4lo! Getting stuck in rivers, busting leaf springs, racing through the few high speed desert sections as FAST as possible! It was like King of the Hammers if the spectators were allowed to carry AKs and RPGs! Woo Hoo! Good times!
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I expected something more extreme.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had to go downstairs to my computer to see the video. That video looks like a lot of the roads we traveled on. What we consider offroading, they consider highways! I also had to plug in the external and snag a few of my pics for S&Gs.

I also have some pretty good videos, but nothing that I would want to upload to YouTube and have linked back to me.

Maybe I should go post these on a Ford forum.
dscn2277_s.jpg   100_0233_s.jpg   hpim1276.jpg   dscn2482_s.jpg  
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for your spammy video that doesn't involve anything remotely extreme.
Unread 01-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #8
Alkaline
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
Thanks for your spammy video that doesn't involve anything remotely extreme.
He was banned for posting a bunch of videos to get hits to a site he was promoting apparently. Also was pretending to ask questions about a hydrolocked jeep, just to post the link... Lame

'98 TJ (toy), '91 XJ Briarwood(DD)
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
afghanistan , jeep , off road , rubicon , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.