Jeep Wrangler Passed on to Newer Generation? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Jeep Wrangler Passed on to Newer Generation?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 03-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Gearhead231
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep Wrangler Passed on to Newer Generation?

I am the one of the very few people under 25 in my town who drive a wrangler. Its kinda like the younger generation just grew up think Hummers were the end all be all in the off road world. Well today I was driving back home from eating dinner. I saw a Rubi passing me. I really noticed that the top was off. Today has been by far the nicest day of the year. Anyways... I waved at the driver....No wave back...Ok Im used to that, but as I passed him his son who im guessing to be about 4 or 5 stuck his arm out the roll bar and waved. I actually laughed out loud.

Cherokee Creto-This is my cherokee... there are many like it but this one is mine, I will love my cheroke form the day of ownership untill the day it dies, I promise to modd it and beat it after said mods... i promise to treat all other cherokee owners as family even though they are complete strangers.... and promise to jeep on forever
Gearhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yeak, jk owners don't wave, they just give you the fingure and hummer owners won't even do that. Times are a changing!!
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
Yeak, jk owners don't wave, they just give you the fingure and hummer owners won't even do that. Times are a changing!!
I only give YJ owners the finger.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
vohk
2003 TJ Wrangler 

First car I ever had was a TJ. Was a PITA to work up the cash for it at 16, but it was worth it. Only Jeep at my school, and only two other trucks. So many wannabe tuners.. What's todays youth coming to, eh?

Oddly enough, 4 years later my old high school parking lot has a YJ, 3 TJs and a GC. The crazy part: all but two are driven by girls. Still no hummers .
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
luckytaquito
2010 JK Wrangler 

you guys are crazy no kid likes hummers and everyone down here knows jeeps are the way to go. every other vehicle youll see here is a jeep so try to travel more. and i drive a JK and i wave. its the dumb YJs that dont
luckytaquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
TurtleSlinger
2009 JK Wrangler 

I live in a heavily populated area and feel like I am waving every 2 minutes when I see a jeep.
So this last week I decided to take my own personal poll of Jeep that wave back.

last week I passed(what I actually wrote down) 43 JK's to equal 35 waves back.
All previous generation Jeeps, passed 52 to equal 33 waves back.

I still wave to most all wranglers when my hands arent occupied, or else give a nod, but am finding the older Jeeps are less likely to wave back or else just ignore my JK.

Anyway just my own observations...
07 MB AMG E63 "My 11 sec sedan" - modded
11 HD NightRod Special - modded
TurtleSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
92YJSahara2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

whats wrong with a yj
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was out and about today in my tj for the first time since I took it off the road in november, got alot of waves, and I always wave back.
Felt food to get out in the jeep again, cant wait to get the top and doors off again.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
Xingpao
1984 CJ7 

This is the same generation that thinks clown cars like the Scion are cool and believe in anthropoligcal global warming.
Xingpao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xingpao View Post
This is the same generation that thinks clown cars like the Scion are cool and believe in anthropoligcal global warming.
Hey lets not stereotype now...

Self-proclaimed libertarian who has driven a scion before (at the local auto auction). What a horrible waste of steel.
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

my little brother is 11 and the biggest i have ever seen him smile was when i picked him up from school with the top and doors off, i taught him the jeep wave and all he can talk about is wanting one when he gets old enough. so secretly im keeping my eyes open for a cheap build so we can have family time and ill give it to him.
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #12
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wave everytime! I'm 18 (do i count as the new gen?)

i noticed the only waves i get back are from the other wranglers that are lifted. Usually stock wranglers around me are owned by surfers and soccer moms that dont understand the meaning of being a jeep owner
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #13
RumorsOFsurF
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've found that not many TJ owners wave, either. Of course, it could be due to my square headlights.

When I was in high school I drove one of two or three non XJ or ZJ Jeeps in the parking lot. There was one full size Jeep(an '80 Chief), which belonged to my best friend, and an '85 CJ7, which belonged to my other best friend. We were AMC fans, too, which pretty much made us outcasts.

All the kids at my school were either in to imports or they were hicks with big pickups, who asked me daily when I was going to lift my Jeep or get a real rig.

Of course, these kids had never seen a real trail in their lives.

I always enjoyed pulling in to the lot with the top and doors off. There's something about having a vehicle mostly reserved for enthusiasts. People really DIDN'T understand, which just made me grin and walk on.
Unread 03-16-2010, 02:41 AM   #14
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well ricers can't make it out of my driveway in the winter, you need a 4wd for sure, and the places I go like my uncles hunting shack or to work when the roads aren't plowed by my house you need a major 4wd, I am usually the only one out on the road when it snows, well me and a few other jeeps. Last year I was the only one to make it to work a few days that lived farther away than walking distance. I say if they want there ricers go for, wave at all jeeps and hope they wave back most do here finally even the JKs, but this is new, I keep waving to them an now they finally put 2 and 2 together and wave back slow learners I guess

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #15
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

YJ'ers just don't wave at JK's, we reserve our wave for real jeeps, "Wooo, burn". With a JK, it might only be a 2wd and you may have just wasted a perfectly good wave.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.